Junior Accountant 7/26/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Sesame Workshop is looking for a Junior Accountant. The right candidate will provide accounting support for the Domestic Media end Education departments (Sales Sponsorship, Themed Entertainment, Broadcast TV, Product Licensing, Home Video, Publishing, Interactive, Programming & Operations, Digital Production, Marketing and Brand Strategy, and Education) including Royalty processing, cash application, Balance Sheet analyses, and accounting closes.
* Assist in various functions of royalty processing and accounting, including daily posting, month end closes and interfaces into the general ledger.
* Royalty statement review and preparation for input into the Rights Management system (currently Jaguar). Ensure reporting is in accordance with the terms of the contract.
* Maintain cash and royalty logs for Domestic Media & Education in Excel.
* Assist in daily cash application in Rights Management System and resolve items that require research.
* Prepare 3rd party payments in accordance with agreements.
* Prepare quarterly accruals and balance sheet analyses of General Ledger (currently Comp-u-tron)
* Participate in quarterly meetings to discuss issues on missing statements and uncollected receivables.
* Prepare ad hoc analyses as needed.
* B.S degree in Accounting.
* Entry Level, 1 3 years of industry related experience, a plus.
* Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Computer proficient required: spreadsheet (preferably Excel); pluses: Rights Management System (preferably Jaguar), General Ledger software (preferably Comp-u-tron), and Reporting (preferably TM1).
Sesame Workshop offers a competitive base salary and generous benefits package. Local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Sesame Workshop is Drug Free Workplace in an effort to safeguard workplace health, safety, and productivity.
At the Employer s discretion, employment is contingent upon passing a post offer background check. Fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.