GESTRA Applications Engineer USA 7/26/2018
Spirax Sarco Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As a global leader in the engineering, design, production and application of technology, GESTRA USA, Inc. offers customers product solutions and services that function with maximum reliability. Our products comprise of a complete range of systems and intelligent solutions, and are used wherever steam is generated or distributed. These include engineered valves, control systems, complete boiler & blow down controls, steam traps, check valves, condensate pumps and severe service valves for steam and thermal fluid control.
We\'re looking for an exceptional candidate to provide technical and sales support to Gestra customers as well as distributors, Regional Managers, Sales Engineers, Independent Manufacturers Representatives and internal peer groups. Our approach will be that as guided by our Customer First strategy, ultimately delivering solutions based value proposition recommendations to help capture sales and drive Gestra s profitability.
Some Responsibilities Include:
* Provides timely and superior technical support for Gestra products via the telephone, and/or internet to customers, distributors and sales representatives. Includes selecting and sizing published products, troubleshooting, assisting with system design and sizing, creating hook up sketches/drawings, developing more advanced quotations and logging inquiries into CRM the Customer Relations Management system.
* Prepares and facilitates Gestra training in the proper application, sizing and selection of equipment. Organizes training events and facilitates equipment for demonstration purposes including live steam applications.
* Assists in closing business by providing technical aid and support during various stages of the sales cycle. Performs product demonstrations, answers inquiries, and assures that prospective customers are shown the full capabilities and benefits of the products.
* Assists with on-site customer visits for product testing, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Assists with on-site steam system audits and steam trap surveys in addition to providing product support.
* Reviews, revises and writes technical literature, including technical information sheets, as needed. Collaborates with Product Managers to improve on deliverables and provides drawings, reports, and presentations as required.
* Develop to become a primary instructor of products and relevant industrial training courses designed to bring value to end users, channel partners and internal team members.
Candidates for this position should have a Bachelor s Degree in Engineering, (ME/EE preferred) or a related field with more than five (5) years experience. A broad general knowledge of steam applications and steam products is desirable; above average knowledge of either mechanical or controls/instrumentation products. Working knowledge of design software such as SolidWorks a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran