Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Blythewood, SC USA 7/26/2018
Spirax Sarco Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Now is the time to be an integral part of a global company that is positioned for growth. Let your enhanced engineering skills strengthen and support our team.
Spirax Sarco is the world s leading provider of Thermal Energy Management Solutions. In the USA, we are part of a modern, international company with more than 5,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide. Spirax Sarco is the leader in providing expertise and turnkey solutions to many diverse manufacturing facilities including Food & Beverage, Oil, Gas & Chemicals and Healthcare industries.
We re looking for an exceptional candidate to support the manufacturing processes across the product ranges. Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods to meet cost requirements, quality standards and targeted efficiency levels within the product ranges. Supervises the activities of employees within the Tool Room for day-to-day operations while meeting quality and production standards.
Some responsibilities include:
* Implements complex work methods, and maintains equipment needed to meet improved productivity guidelines. Trains team members on safe and proper equipment operation. Designs production layouts, tooling fixtures and gauges. Creates setup and inspection sheets as required. May assist in initial machine set up.
* Writes complex computer numerical control (CNC) programs for designated manufacturing processes.
* Designs and modifies tools and fixtures to meet cost reduction and capital requirements. Specifies and assists with procurement of materials and related equipment ; provides justification for capital equipment, as required.
* Generates Engineering Change Requests (ECRs), Manufacturing Change Requests (MCRs) and assists with Special Price Quotes (SPCs) to ensure quality operations.
* Coaches and mentors junior level manufacturing engineers. Assists team leaders/ members with problem solving processes and newly implemented procedures for specified machines.
* Enhances team members' knowledge of all elements that are critical to quality and processes.
Candidates for this position should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with five (5) to seven (7) years of machine tool technology experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran