Controller (CPA Required) 7/26/2018
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
CONTROLLER (CPA REQUIRED)
Job Locations US-CA-Sacramento
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record.
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. is currently looking for a Controller at our corporate office in Sacramento, CA. The qualified candidate will be responsible for managing all accounting and managing accounting staff. This position reports to the CFO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including internal monthly financial statements
* Maintains general ledger and responsible for monthly closing activities
* Maintains and utilizes specialized knowledge of accounting principles and practices related to construction management or professional services
* Oversees the activities of the disbursements department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, employee expense reports, cash flow projections
* Oversees the activities of the accounts receivables to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings and cash receipts applications
* Assure corporate income tax returns are filed with tax preparers
* Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data
* Drive process improvements, keep abreast of new finance and accounting trends and developments, and identify and implement internal controls
* Monitor and lead the implementation of new accounting standards as they pertain to Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
* Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports
* Hiring and developing staff, monitoring employee performance and training
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline is required
* Certified Public Accountant is required
* 5+ years of previous Controllership experience is required
* Professional services industry experience in Construction Management, Property Management, or Other Professional Services is preferred
* Experience with Deltek Vision is preferred
* Microsoft Office Suite required
* Demonstrates high level of attention to detail and strong time management skills
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS