Production Operator 7/27/2018
Goose Creek, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Agfa Specialty Products business group supplies customers in a variety of industrial markets with a broad range of both classic film products and innovative products. In this context, it builds on Agfa's longstanding expertise in chemical film manufacturing, including the production of polymer substrates and special coatings.
Agfa Specialty Products' activities are covering Classic Films, Functional Foils and Advanced Coatings & Chemicals. In addition, the Agfa-Labs division offers customers services in the field of materials and coating research.
Production Operator - Permanent position with Benefits - $16.00 per hour.
The incumbents work under the close direction of the First Operator. They are responsible for maintaining the production output of their assigned production line at the productivity levels designated by department management. Daily responsibilities include producing quality products at maximum efficiency while meeting high safety standards.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure that all production equipment is operating safely and at optimum efficiency. If not, report problem to the First Operator immediately.
* Comply with all safety, operating and housekeeping procedures and also be familiar and comply with JSA s for each operation.
* Ensure high quality by performing sampling and fabrication control checks and isolate defective material.
* Identify and troubleshoot all problems that impact safety, productivity and quality within their area of responsibility.
* Assist in the training and development of new team members, which includes the operation of the product lines, safety procedures and policies, and quality standards.
* On an ongoing basis review the JSA s that pertain to their specific work area and report deficiencies or make recommendations for improvements to the First Operator or Lead Operator.
* Operate various packaging machines, which include related computer operations, line controllers, MMI screens, etc.
* Manually package and palletize materials.
* Safely operate electric and manual pallet jacks and stackers.
* As required complete production reports and other documentation.
* Interact effectively with the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
* Keep all operating areas clean and neat and comply with all housekeeping procedures.
Competencies/Skills: Must demonstrate logical trouble shooting skills and work effectively in a team environment. Interact effectively with internal customers.
Knowledge: PC skills, general math to include knowledge of metric system.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Preferred - 1year experience in a manufacturing environment.
Able to work rotating shifts and in a dark room environment.
Working Conditions: (e.g. office environment. Identify the frequency of action and weight involved with the physical demands of essential functions performed by the position, if applicable Occasional 0-33% of time; Frequent 34-66% of time; Constant 67-100% of time):
Lifting: Constant -10 lbs. (52 lbs.)
Agfa Specialty Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.