Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician (LHA-LHD) 7/27/2018
SAN DIEGO, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the top 100 employee owned
companies in the United States. Employer Ownership
means, that at AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we treat each other
with respect. Every member of our team has a vested
interest and benefits from MISSION SUCCESS. We all have
the same goals, particularly in service to our nations
War Fighters; providing, team-focused, mission-essential
support in challenging environments. Being truly
effective means pushing beyond basic requirements. We
build skilled and committed teams of experts. We conduct
our work with a sense of purpose; loyal to the mission,
our clients, each other and to the long-term success of
The Senior Mechanical Engineering Technician will:
* Provide engineering, technical and administrative
oversight for Naval Surface Warfare Center
Philadelphia Division Diesel Code in San Diego, CA.
* Support the In Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) in
providing waterfront diesel support for LHA and LHD
class ships. Will require providing administrative
and shipboard program support as required actions
for execution during inport and underway phase.
* The position requires accessing and utilizing Navy
databases, developing and reviewing written
technical reports, developing and managing Plan of
Action and Milestones (POA&M), and liaising with the
Diesel ISEA, technical community, and US Navy
* The position requires CONUS and OCONUS travel to
include underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships
* Responsible for product technical accuracy; issue
resolution; providing and maintaining the Diesel
Readiness System (DRS) and Diesel Maintenance
Strategy (DMS) engineering and technical support for
US Navy ships.
* Provide lead waterfront support for the LHD and LHA
Class Ship Service/Emergency Diesel Generators and
Diesel Engine Training.
* Provide Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia
Division and US Navy Fleet (Pacific) engineering and
administrative support in program management.
* Liaison with U.S. Navy Fleet support echelons such
as NAVSEA Technical Warrant Holders, Port Engineers,
Afloat Training Group, INSURV, Readiness Assist
Teams, Southwest Regional Maintenance Center, and
Amphibious Squadron staffs.
* High school diploma or GED
* 8 years of US Navy Engineman or commercial merchant
mariner equivalent experience.
* Prefer prior experience with the following: US Navy
Diesel Readiness System (DRS), Diesel Maintenance
Strategy (DMS), Diesel Engine Performance Analysis
(DEPA), certification as a USN Diesel Engine
Inspector (DEI), supporting USN diesel system
assessments and/or troubleshooting/repair of USN
* Preference will also be given to personnel with
specific experience with U.S. Navy Diesel Engine
applications; Fairbanks Morse Engine (FME)
Colt-Pielstick PC 2.5/2.5 STC, FME Opposed-Piston
(OP), FME PA6B and/or Caterpillar 3608.
* Must have at least an active Secret security
* Must have a current US Passport that will not expire
within the next two years.