Senior Health Care Broker 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Senior Health Care Broker
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective risk transfer solutions as part of our National Health Care Practice Group in Chicago, IL (alternative location is in Philadelphia). As a Senior Health Care Broker, you will report directly to senior leadership of the National Health Care Practice.
Your impact as a Senior Health Care Broker
* Professional who develops and manages client relationships, account strategies and insurance and reinsurance marketing activities for book of business. Acts as the primary negotiator in obtaining the most effective insurance programs to address client needs.
* Thorough analysis of current risk transfer programs to include coverage and cost analysis and a graphical representation of the program.
* Insurance and reinsurance program structure planning and design of alternatives based on client objectives. Provide benchmarking reports related to limits and programs.
* Sound knowledge of alternative risk financing and program design as it relates to Trusts, Captives and Risk Retention Groups; development of alternative risk financing projects and programs and their implementation.
* Prepare all marketplace re/insurance submissions, coordinate and conduct market meetings and negotiations as appropriate in coordination with Account Executive.
* Finalize all risk transfer quotes and complete a thorough comparison of program options as part of the client proposal presentation. Comparison to include changes in exposure, losses, coverage terms and conditions and cost of risk.
* Development and review of issued policy certificate and/or certificate language, including consulting around wording for captive policies.
* Serve as a contributing team member for new business production and assist with RFP responses and presentations.
* Represent Aon through periodic participation in speaking engagements aimed at business development; provide responses when requested for industry publications.
* Develop direct market relationships beyond routine placement activities through carrier meetings and GRIP partner dialogues.
* Serves as a source for information concerning market trends, pricing practices and other underwriting policies.
* Participates in development of department policies and procedures and implement them in assigned area.
* Provides guidance and mentorship to more junior staff.
* Travel as appropriate for client and underwriting meetings (approx. 25%)
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Insurance licensing required - complete required training and exam necessary to obtain appropriate agent s license(s) (may be obtained upon employment) and ongoing continuing education.
* Advanced Degree or professional designation may be preferred, including CPCU, CPLU CIC or ARM
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point;
* At least 10 years of placement / broking experience or comparable experience in the health care industry segment (i.e. underwriting, claims, etc.).
* Good working knowledge of the broking business.
* Superior written and communication skills to support conduct of business in a professional manner with external/internal clients and the marketplace.
* Strong team player who understands the roles and responsibilities of other Aon professionals, assumes responsibility for the timely delivery of a professional work product in accordance with assigned roles, and facilitates communication among team members.
Bachelor s degree
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.