Sales Operations Manager, Aon Retiree Health Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/27/2018
END DATE 8/8/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Family US-IL-Virtual
Aon Is Looking For A Sales Operations Manager, Aon Retiree Health Solutions
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Retiree Health Solutions (AHRS) group within Aon in any Aon office, or virtually, throughout the United States.
Your Impact As A Sales Operations Manager
The Retiree Health Solutions Sales Operations Manager supports the Retiree Solutions Sales Leader and Sales Team both operationally and strategically to drive business growth through the sales channel. Five primary areas of focus are: (1) Work effectively across product solution sets, operations, product development and sales to develop knowledge and effective strategies to promote growth, (2) Continually ensure alignment of strategic priorities to sales priorities, (3) Bridge learnings for sales opportunities to product development to stay ahead of changing market needs, (4) Drive consistency and competitive differentiators in GTM messaging, and (5) Develop a deep understanding of Retiree Health Solutions.
* Assists in developing insights and analytics by working cross-functionally
* Provides deal pursuit support for Sales Executives & Solution Architects and serves as liaison to supporting parts of the business needed to develop value proposition and solutions
* Builds consistency in processes and engagement across Aon practices and with third-parties
* Coordinates with APEx (Sales Support) and ARHS Operations on reporting, process improvements, content management
* Analyzes and recommends strategic priorities, sales force performance metrics and sales effectiveness tracking methods in order to maintain and improve our competitive advantage in the market, and to grow revenue.
* Executes the strategies via project management/ plans and disciplines to ensure we ve executed our strategies and have held teams accountable in doing so.
* Promotes consistency in processes and engagement across practice
* Increases awareness and utilization of available resources in internal support departments, such as commercial operations, opportunity management, research, marketing, legal, and finance, in order to develop effective strategies that promote sales to new and existing customers.
* Acts as liaison with Marketing, APEX (sales support), and design team
* Supports Sales Leader in developing annual sales strategy, including preparing for and delivering select content at annual Sales Team meeting
* Maintains Sales Library to support sales pursuit
* Coordinates intelligence around competitive insight in the market across all distribution channels (win/loss analysis, debriefs, sharing, etc.)
* Partners with Sales Leader on weekly team meetings to ensure value and impact
* Drives collaboration between Product Development & Sales.
* Manages and maintains Sales SharePoint site.
* Engages in client conversations to understand and uncover needs and influence decision making
* Coaches others to present facts and ideas in an effective way
* Shows appropriate tenacity in advocacy of ideas with clients
* Leverages technology to efficiently manage processes and operations
* Builds effective teams which promote respect and values
* Role Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of internal sales and revenue goals, client needs, and current business trends. Networks with senior internal and external personnel to develop solutions. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques to develop and implement processes and solutions.
* Discretion - Influences decision making, but does not have direct P&L responsibility. Works regularly with sensitive and confidential information.
* Interaction - Frequently interacts with executives, practice leads, functional group managers, and other company divisions or units. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
* Supervision/Leadership - Reports to and works closely with the Retiree Health Solutions Sales leader to drive execution of sales strategy.
Role-specific Technical Skills and Knowledge
* Project Management - Provides project management expertise. Leads projects and programs to remove inefficiencies and to support growth
* Reporting, Data and Analytics - Has a strong grasp of sales data and analytics which is an essential element to improving forecast accuracy and to effectively respond to market challenges and support revenue growth.
* Business and Sales Acumen Has thorough understanding of sales process, marketing, and operations. Possesses demonstrated knowledge of business development principles.
* Communication Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive internal working relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in all situations; listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in and leads meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively. Varies writing style to meet needs. Presents numerical data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
* Results Orientation Makes fact based decisions and follows through to completion, analyses and uses data to achieve sales goals, drives execution, initiates action and follow-ups to successful completion
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5+ years experience in health consulting, health sales, global sales effectiveness and/or commercial operations for a large company in a consultative selling environment, preferably with direct knowledge of health solutions.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Salesforce.com reporting
* 10+ years related experience and a Bachelor s degree, or 5 years and a Master s degree, or equivalent work experience
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.