Operator I - Machine 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Atkore International is an industry leader in the manufacture of Electrical Raceway and complimentary high value products, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications.
Atkore International is comprised of four Business Units: Allied Tube and Conduit, AFC Cable Systems, Unistrut and Plastic Pipe and Conduit. Privately held and steadily growing, we have more than 3.300 employees worldwide.
Opening and Location
Atkore Plastic Pipe Corporation, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Operator 1 located in our Louisville KY facility.
Reporting and Responsibilities
Reporting to Shift Supervisor, the Operator 1 primary focus will be to measure and record Quality information, make adjustments to equipment, assist in changeovers and startups, package product and perform housekeeping in the production area.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
* Able to independently run all aspects of the PVC extrusion lines ensuring that product meets all applicable internal and external specifications
* Understand and master the computerized systems associated with the extrusion, control, and printing technologies used facility
* Responsible for testing and measuring product to ensure pipe products are made in conformance with required specifications, meeting or exceeding requirements of the market
* Able to read micrometer and O.D. tape
* Perform inspections of proper print, wall, O.D., length, appearance, and bell fit on all lines
* Able to change print lines
* Complete Quality Control forms accurately and correctly
* Identify quality issues
* Monitor pipe physicals
* Repair red tag products
* Confirm product with schedule
* Complete operator paperwork (Operator sheets, regrind log, forklift check sheet)
* Cut crate boards to proper lengths
* Process regrind
* Package finished pipe in proper crate quantities
* Weigh and transport finished product
* Proficient with all material handling and packaging devices
* Perform proper housekeeping for production and storage areas
* Know and follow plant safety rules and wears proper PPE (safety glasses, ear plugs, and gloves)
* Able to prioritize tasks and anticipate needs in order to effectively manage time in order to accomplish all tasks
* Extrusion experience or the ability to quickly learn Atkore s PVC extrusion operation and change over procedures
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
* Good understanding of basic math required for quick and accurate counting and calculations
* Attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and organization
* Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands, and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner
* Must be able to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
* Able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
* All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Benefits and Disclosure
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Our dedicated employees are recognized around the world for their commitment to our customers success, combining product innovation, collaborative service and providing the broadest line of products into an offering that ensures they can operate as efficiently as possible. Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
* Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (minorities/women/the disabled/protected veterans).
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters here.