Market Manager - Charleston, South Carolina 7/27/2018
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next MARKET MANAGER IN CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA.
The Market Manager (MM) is responsible for driving Boston Beer Companys (BBC) sales volume and market goals through the wholesaler(s) and to the markets respective account base. The MM is accountable for increasing the availability and visibility of the BBCs portfolio in the market while working closely with the On and Off Premise National Account teams to drive national programs to the account level. The MM must deliver the annual tactical plan to wholesaler(s) while managing resources to budget. The MM must accomplish these goals while adhering to BBCs selling process and skills.
WHAT YOULL DO:
WHOLESALER MANAGEMENT & PLANNING:
* Establish rapport with wholesalers middle and upper level management
* Instill commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance
* Successfully organize and deliver the tactical plan via planning and review meeting to the wholesaler(s) including volume, distribution and visibility, and programming goals
* Create and deliver impactful wholesaler and BBC presentations, including objectives and tactics to achieve goals
* Wholesaler correspondence through commitments, bench marking, and recapping
* Communicate beer inventory needs to the wholesaler network and the BBC Operations team
* Inventory and point-of-sale (POS) management
* Must stay within all allocated budgets
MARKET MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT: Must be able to maintain and grow current business while identifying and closing new business opportunities by:
* Calling on core accounts and identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
* Developing tactics to close identified sales opportunities through wholesaler
* Building and maintaining professional business relationships with key accounts
SELLING AND NEGOTIATING SKILLS: Must practice BBCs selling process for:
* Portfolio selling all our brands
* All sales call procedures, process, and selling skills
* Establishing goals, creating a selling story, anticipating and handling objections Negotiation tactics, including bracketing and concession management
* Understanding and supporting wholesalers needs through solution based selling
MERCHANDISING & PROMOTIONS: Supports brands in conjunction with the wholesaler through:
* Maintaining proper brand positioning to BBC standards
* Executing point-of-sale programs at retail to BBC standards
* Executing the BBCs beer freshness standards
* Creating and executing impactful promotions & events at on and off premise accounts
KNOWLEDGE: Ability to learn and execute on:
* Brand styles, brand priorities, national programs and brand strategy
* Romancing all products to include style, ingredients and pairings
* Brewing process and beer history
* Wholesaler structure, portfolio, and personnel
* Beer industry trends and current market trends
* Market and competitors to include: distribution and volume trends, market share, wholesaler network, supplier network, pricing
* BBC sales data to include: sales trends, opportunity gaps, customers, competitive activities, and BBC/wholesaler activities that affect the market
* IRI, Cognos, and other data sources to evaluate BBC business and make recommendations to retailers, BBC and wholesalers
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelors Degree
* 3-5 years consumer packaged goods sales experience
* Must be able to lift weight equivalent to one case of beer
* 40%-50% travel (8-10 days per month) to attend retail and distributor sales calls and meetings
SOME PERKS: Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.