Materials Handler II 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
MATERIAL HANDLER II with our Logistics Team
LOCATION: Winona, MN
The Materials Handler performs a wide variety of tasks involved in the shipping and/or receiving of materials, supplies and equipment. This is a 4th shift position working Friday through Sunday from 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. plus possible overtime requirements
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Effective organization and prioritization skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Completes projects in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment, and professionalism when representing the company.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Works well as an individual or on teams.
* Requires close supervision for completion of tasks.
* Able to work overtime as required.
* Demonstrates ability to work effectively with suppliers or customers.
* Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
* Participates in a continuous improvement activity.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Pulls parts from stock to build kits assigned by Production Control; issue and distribute the kits to the manufacturing operation.
* Fills and accounts for material requisitions submitted from Operations.
* Receives and places parts/components into stock from Receiving/Inspection.
* Assists in tracking and filling backorders as parts/components become available.
* Ensures the correct balances are maintained by the performance of Cycle Counts.
* Includes Parts Prep area and inventory done in Value Add (Tape & Reel and Programming).
* Able to perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above.
* Monitors appropriate reports to ensure Priority material is delivered to the correct location in a timely manner.
* Restocks shelves with incoming material from various sources and locates the material in the computerized system.
* Ensures the correct balances are maintained by the performance of Cycle Counts and completes a thorough investigation of any discrepancies found while Cycle Counting.
* Completes Reconciliation of returned kits from the production floor, including fully researching and documenting all discrepancies found.
* Researches and identifies Material related issues using all available inquiries within the computerized system.
* Provides basic assistance and direction to lower level employees if requested by management.
* May pull and send requests for component sales orders to shipping.
* May be required to operate a forklift.
3+ years general or materials / warehouse experience
High School diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment