Ceramics Process Engineer 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Ceramics Process Engineer
JOB ID: 1866
# OF OPENINGS: 0
CERAMICS PROCESS ENGINEER
At FormFactor, it s not enough just to make revolutionary products. We also strive to be a great place to work. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees through a variety of perks that focus on health and wellness, such as a generous PTO plan, excellent insurance benefits, and our guiding values of innovation, earning trust and doing the right thing. We also offer an employee stock purchase program and annual health fairs where employees can get flu shots and biometric screenings. Personal development is encouraged through our learning and development courses and tuition contribution program. Although our products are sold to semi-conductor industry leaders around the globe, they are researched, designed and manufactured in our facilities in Beaverton, Oregon, and Livermore, San Jose and Carlsbad, California. Every employee of FormFactor plays a role in creating and supporting these amazing products.
FORMFACTOR IS LOOKING FOR INNOVATIVE AND PASSIONATE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LEAD IN TODAY S MOBILE REVOLUTION.
We are looking for a CERAMICS PROCESS ENGINEER to join our team in Livermore, CA. The role of Ceramics Process Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes involving ceramics used to manufacture MEMS-based products used in advanced memory and SOC probecards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Hands-on direction and oversight of technical issues in the development and release of ceramics technology and components, including bulk processing, tape and ink materials, machining, and processing of multi-layer, co-fired ceramics
* Direct vendors in driving improvements in capability and quality, as well as managing tactical design/layout issues with specific multi-layer ceramic routings and layouts
* Direct feasibility and development efforts in MLC technology thru a combination of outsourcing, supplier development, as well as internal process capability development and deployment of materials, equipment, and processing technologies
* Unit process development (in such areas as laser drilling, screen printing, sintering, grinding and lapping, brazing)
* Support specification, evaluation, and qualification of equipment and materials to improve process capabilities
* Perform analysis of data from production and engineering process runs, qualifying changes or additions to manufacturing toolsets and process flows, and designing and executing engineering experiments to either resolve process excursions or to drive process performance improvements.
* Manage the activities of one or more process technicians
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* BS in Mechanical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science or similar
* Experience working in a manufacturing environment
* 8+ years of experience or equivalent, with strong background in ceramics materials and processing
* Some travel is required for this position
* A disciplined use of statistical methods to establish robust process controls and healthy process capabilities, analyze process yield, and for experimental design and analysis. Training with Six Sigma, SPC, a plus
* Solid leadership of cross-functional projects will be required to successfully solve complex unit process and/or integration challenges
* Willingness to take responsibility and ownership to aggressively focus on problems either individually or part of a larger team
* Comfort working with a wide variety of different functions including R&D, Process Integration, and Operations to effectively accomplish tasks in a timely manner
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.