Senior System Analyst 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking Senior System Analyst candidates to support the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), located at Washington, DC.
* Interacts positively with OCIO ASOC internal and external customers, e.g., clients, co-workers, and associates.
* Support execution, development and process work flow of the OCIO ASOC.
* Upon request, support OCIO ASOC Leadership with program data calls, executive briefings, or executive presentations.
* Collaborate across the OCIO ASOC to ensure system integration across correlated projects and initiatives.
* Contribute to a program communication plan that it can be used to manage outreach efforts.
* Participate in marketing efforts that promotes OCIO ASOC.
* Ensure consistency among products and with USDA standards and industry best practices.
* Complete assigned tasks accurately meeting activity deadlines. . Adhere to commitments and agreed upon deliverables.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to articulate and translate complex technical, business and program concepts into understandable objectives.
* Assists in developing user documentation and departmental policies and procedures.
* Act as a primary liaison between business users and IT project team.
* Elicit, document and manage functional requirements and rules.
* Maintain records of deliverables and prepare special reports
* Maintain current knowledge of IT trends and innovations; attend and participate in job-related seminars and professional group meetings; read applicable industry publications.
* Support program operations, security operations, budget and procurement in a myriad of tasks to include:
* Initiate and coordinate procurement packages; follow procurement process and ensure successful completion of procurements.
* Assist in the preparation of bid specifications, and analysis of bid proposals for computer and network equipment and software.
* Work closely with the OCIO ASOC ACIO, OCIO ASOC Deputy ACIO, OCIO Procurement resources, OCIO ASOC Acquisition Program Manager, and OCIO ASOC Division Directors to ensure successful completion of procurement, budget and program operations tasks
* Complete weekly Procurement Update Report which includes data on contracts, funding and upcoming procurements
* Work with OCIO ASOC Operations Manager on Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) reporting, data calls and other various requests.
* Complete monthly updates to CPIC reports as it pertains to the OCIO ASOC Acquisition and Contract Strategy reporting
* Research and investigate new or improved business, management and security practices for application to ASOC programs or operations.
* Identify resources (staff, funding, equipment, of facilities) required to support varied levels of program operations.
* Review administrative audit and investigative reports to determine appropriate changes or corrective action required.
Experience with budgets
Experience with contracts