Purchasing Agent 7/27/2018
DeShazo Crane Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Purchasing Agent
JOB ID: 223
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Deshazo Crane and Service is seeking a Purchasing Agent to assist in the procurement of materials for our growing company. The Purchasing Agent will obtain requirements from multiple departments, and will verify, prepare, and forward purchase orders to suppliers; track and expedite as required by the production schedule; verify receipt of items. Additional responsibilities are purchasing building and maintenance supplies, coordinating on-time deliveries, managing inventory levels, reconciling invoice and billing discrepancies, and processing end-of-month input and reconciliation.
* Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications, quantity, and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
* Verifies purchase requisitions by clarifying unclear items.
* Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
* Verifies receipt of items; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
* Maintain and review computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, delivery, product performance, and inventories.
* Works with accounting department to correct invoicing issues and resolve payment questions.
* Maintains appropriate paperwork related to purchased items to meet customer specifications and Quality Department requirements.
* Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
* Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing assigned projects as required.
* Maintains strong working relationships with suppliers.
* Recommended 3-5 years experience purchasing in manufacturing industry or comparable experience and education
* Must have a working knowledge of metal buying methods; previous experience a plus
* Ability to read engineering drawings and bills of materials to determine requirements preferred
* Experience with Quality systems and requirements
* Purchasing and Inventory Management experience preferred
* Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
* Experience with Epicor ERP system desirable
* Must have strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to take initiative, set priorities, to learn quickly and take ownership of assigned projects and initiatives as directed by management
Apply for this Position