Machine Operator II Drops 1st Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/27/2018
END DATE 8/18/2018
Hartz Mountain Corporation
Pleasant Plain, OH
Machine Operator II
Join a team of people who share a common passion a love of pets! Hartz is a manufacturer of quality pet care products, helping pets and families bond for over 90 years. We work hard to bring innovative products to market, make a difference in our communities, and support our teams both inside and outside of work.
We are looking for a Machine Operator II located at our Pleasant Plain, OH manufacturing facility. This position will be responsible for set-up and operation of a production line, ensuring that our products meet customer quality specifications and established productivity standards.
What you will do:
* Select the correct raw materials for production
* Manage settings and conducts tests to ensure a successful operation
* Monitors all production line activities and records activities for accuracy
* Set-up and change-over of machines to produce product to required specification
* Perform re-inspections and re-work as required
* Keep machines and change parts in good condition.
* Organize packaging material, change parts, and tools
* Prepare paperwork and check production sheets accurately
* Arrange machine at the beginning of each shift to ensure that it is in working order
* Clean up machine parts after every work procedure
* Insert all production materials in the various parts of the machine to enhance production output
* Troubleshoot machine issues
* Strictly adhere to job specifications to ensure quality work
* Timely preparation and availability of production materials to avoid shortage during production phase
* Keep supervisor updated daily on production activities and progress
* Train new operators
What you will bring:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* A minimum of 6 months experience operating a computer controlled, high speed packaging line
* The ability to lift, move, and carry boxes and cartons weighing up to 40 lbs.
What we offer:
* Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits
Quality Products for pets since 1926
Hartz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities & protected veterans