Traffic Coordinator 2 7/27/2018
The Dalles, OR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
Insitu, a non-fully integrated subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is an integrated information and technology company, pioneering in the design, development, production, and operation of high-performance, cost-effective unmanned aircraft systems. We exist to pioneer and innovate products and services that positively impact people s lives and change the course of history. To reach our full potential as a business, we imagine and create much more than products with wings. On a daily basis, our Vision and Mission guide us, while our cultural pillars Pioneer | Perform | Unite | Care inform our decisions in all that we do, and aspire to do. Job Description
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Compiles and computes international and/or domestic freight rates. Schedules shipments of materials and products. Assist in export/import document preparation. Tracks shipments, calculates and inputs charges. Determines routing and arranges for shipment of non-urgent freight. Reroutes shipments and may arrange for special delivery at destination.
Job Location: The Dalles, OR & Bingen, WA
This position will help manage the shipment of product both domestically and internationally.
* Quoting and booking shipments
* Processing import and export documentation as required for international shipments and transactions
* Coordinating tracking and documentation packages
* Anticipating the needs of customers in order to develop strong relationships
* Maintain effective relationships with both program office and contracts
* Communicating with sales and other key constituents in the shipping pipeline to preempt customer concerns in order to improve business performance
* Organizing shipment and delivery of goods worldwide in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner
Describe the requirements and skills needed for the job
* Knowledge of United Parcel Service (UPS), Federal Express, DHL, and Domestic and International Express Mail processes
* Knowledge of relevant government laws and regulations impacting the functional responsibilities
* Knowledge of DOT hazmat regulations including, 49CFR and IATA
* Knowledge of military packaging standards 129 and 2073
* General knowledge of transportation, shipping, receiving, and storage procedures to understand and identify potential requirements and impacts (e.g., Electrostatic Discharge [ESD], hazardous material, OSHA, EHS).
* Knowledge of Material Resources, Process and Tools
* Knowledge of enterprise resource systems to include supply databases, shipping receiving, warranties and inventory management tools/processes
Education & Experience
Required: High School and 2 years of related experience
* Some college
* IATA trained current or past
* International import regulation experience
* Knowledge of operating procedures for packaging and material handling equipment (e.g., pallet jacks, walking stackers, carts, dollies, box tapers).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines..
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace -->