Dredging Shoreman 7/27/2018
Weeks Marine Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
A Shoreman is responsible for the work associated with the operation of the fill site, support equipment and project site equipment.
Essential Job Functions
* Acts as a signal person for the equipment operators
* Helps to unload and load pipe as well as secure pipe to trucks
* Lubricate fill site machinery
* Loads and unloads supplies for fill site use
* Chips, paints, sweeps and washes down equipment on the job site
* Inspect shore pipe for leaks and assists with work on the pipe
* Check gauges and meters in order to record accurate daily logs on shore equipment
* Maintain inventory of tools and supplies
* Safely secure the work area to allow only authorized personnel onto work zone
* Operate four wheel RTVs (rough terrain vehicles) for transport and delivery
* Performs other duties as assigned by the project site management
* Follows all company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an Incident and Injury Free work environment
* years of experience as a Shoreman (marine construction projects preferred)
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Ability to work 84 hour work week
* Ability to live aboard vessel for full rotation
* This position requires fluent use of the verbal and written English language
* Computer literate preferred
Required Certifications or Licenses
* Driver s license
* TWIC - Transportation Worker Identification Credential
* Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
* Work will frequently require individuals to push, pull, bend or stand for long periods of time, and climb ladders that have capacity limits of 300 lbs.
* Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.