Roofing Superintendent 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PULLMAN, a Structural Group Company is currently recruiting for a Roofing Superintendent to be based at one of our upcoming project in Waynesboro, GA.. As Roofing Superintendent for this project, you will be responsible for providing high level management to other field leaders, Foreman as well as our union crews that make our nation s structures stronger and last longer. This project in Waynesboro, GA will involve structural roof related work on a long-term project of a year plus.
As a successful candidate, you will be also be responsible for:
* Working closely with Project Managers, Division Managers and other leaders within the PULLMAN business line
* Participating in pre-project and pre-task planning activities then disseminating planning details to field crews
* Motivating team members to work together to accomplish tasks, coordinate work activities with other construction project activities and assign work to employees, based on material and worker requirements of specific jobs
* Ensuring crews are operating all tools and equipment in a safe, proper and productive manner
* Providing training and assistance to crews in the performance of work related tasks
* Assisting Project Managers in evaluating various production rates related to the project
* Completing all essential paperwork in a clear an accurate manner
* Interviewing and hiring of new field employees
* Providing leadership to Structural Group s Safety 24/7 culture
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this exciting position based in our large Operations division:
* High school degree or equivalent
* 10+ years of experience in general construction with at least 5 of those years in a Foreman or Assistant Superintendent role
* Prior experience in roof related construction projects.
* Proven ability to supervise various levels of field managers as well as crews with minimal subcontract oversight
* Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and execute to construction drawings and contract specifications
* Established dedication to safety and ability to display adherence to Structural Group s operating principles
* Proven experience to produce look-ahead schedules and work with other construction documents as required by the project
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the customer, crew and project teams
* Intermediate computer skills and construction math skills
Our ideal Superintendent candidate is an innovative but decisive field manager who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
PULLMAN, a Structural Group Company, is proud of a company culture that promotes 24/7 safety and quality. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, tuition reimbursement, career development and growth opportunities, and a caring work environment.
Additional Benefits-Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
-Short Term Disability
-Long Term Disability