Commercial Manager 7/27/2018
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Works with distributors and their sales reps in the sales field to grow distribution.
* Educates, demonstrates, prospects, and closes or helps close deals with distribution and their reps.
* Works with Strategic Accounts in the territory. This may include surveying new facilities and making solution recommendations to grow Strategic Accounts through face to face interaction with BSC site managers, retail store managers, healthcare, and education customers.
* Installs sold equipment through on-site training with customers.
* Partners with distributors, Industrial counterparts, service, SA, and other channels of Tennant s business.
* Manages channel conflict and day to day customer issues in the assigned territory.
* Cleans and maintains company demo equipment, vehicle and trailer.
* Manages, controls, and takes responsibly for assigned company demo inventory.
* Completes all paperwork and reporting as required.
* Executes sales strategy in the assigned geography as directed by the CMM.
* Makes Sales calls, cold calls, and customer calls (face to face, emails, and phone calls) on existing and new target accounts.
* Continually present our solutions to customer base, maintaining existing customer base.
* Takes active responsibility to develop and train reps in the CSS role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree and 5 years of overall business experience, to include 3 years in a direct/indirect sales role
* Demonstrated experience working with distribution and channel partners
* Ability to sell and demonstrate drive in gaining new business and new customers
* Solid business acumen, and knowledge of the sales process; track record of sales success
* Coordinates and executes annual distributor planning within established timelines
* Consistently delivers training on commercial products
* Effectively leverage the sales process to increase success rate for each project
* Identify and effectively partner with key internal and external decision makers
* Identify the appropriate communication strategy to the customer
* Effectively leverages training, tools, technology and programs
* Consistently exhibits a high level of time and territory management
* Exceptional organization and prioritization skills
* Strong negotiating skills
* Strong selling skills
* Strong presentation, training and facilitation skills
* Proficient at interacting with people at all levels of an organization
* Functional PC and PC application skills
* Must pull trailers as per DOT regulations and safety standards
* Must meet physical requirements of the position including ability to hook up trailers and load demonstration gear
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com