Sanitation Supervisor 7/27/2018
Dole Food Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Oversee the day-to-day sanitation operations; meeting all established levels of plant cleanliness and sanitation to ensure the production of safe, quality food.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
* Supervise and manage effectiveness of approximately 45-55 sanitation shift personnel, maintaining established levels of cleanliness and sanitation for plant; i.e., GMP, Safety, and other plant policies
* Responsible for safety and the promotion of safe work practices; resolves/follows up on safety issues and be part of safety audits
* Assist in training of sanitation team leaders
* Evaluate, plan and implement operational programs dealing with plant sanitation
* Maintain and manage inventory of sanitation supplies, sanitation budget compliance, and labor tracking
* Demonstrate results of sanitation programs; document cleaning schedules and procedures
* Support management staff during plant sanitation audits.
* Follow all Food Safety Requirements and GMPs as applicable to position
* Support Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures
* Support Corporate Sanitation with all new initiatives and program enhancements
* Support special projects and other duties as assigned
* Knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Clean-in-Place (CIP) practices.
* Working knowledge of sanitation processes, procedures, and equipment.
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work with management and hourly employees.
* Strong computer skills including Excel, Access or MP2 (preventive maintenance).
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams.
* Must be reliable, dependable, and flexible.
* Bilingual Spanish/English language skills highly preferred.
* Ablility to work in a cold environment (35 degrees F).
* Ability to maneuver around an array of equipment, bend, stoop, climb stairs, and lift 40 pounds.
* Will have some exposure to fumes and airborne particles.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
* 3+ years of sanitation, quality, or production leadership experience in food processing.
* B.S. in Food Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Will be required to complete the following training: Confined Space, Working From Heights, Fall Protection, scissor lifts, aerial lifts, HAZCOM, Chemical Handling, Blood Borne Pathogens, Lock Out Tag Out, Respiratory Protection, Hearing Protection Program, Emergency Evacuation, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment, Fire Extinguisher, and other training as determined by management
EEO STATEMENT: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Springfield, Ohio, United States
DOLE is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.