Task Manager 7/27/2018
Sabre Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success join Sabre!
We are seeking a technical Project Manager to serve as a Task Manager over a group of SAS, Java, PL-SQL and database professionals supporting the Consumer Expenditure (CE) program within the CE Information Systems (CEIS) division in Washington, DC. The Task Manager will provide full service task and project management duties to manage and oversee assigned staff supporting CEIS projects. Serving as the primary point of contact on the subtask between Sabre professional staff and the BLS Task Monitors. Performs reviews, requirements review and analysis, code walk-thru, security and coding compliance, unit/module/integration/user acceptance testing coordination, conduct Agile daily tag-ups, project schedules and milestone along with all long-range task requirements with the BLS. Supports identification and selection of Sabre professional staff for work on the subtask.
* At least 8 years developing major ADP systems, including all of the following:
* Assisting users in requirements development
* Creating acceptance test plans and test cases, and conducting acceptance tests
* Creating systems analysis products
* Creating system design products
* Creating system test plans and test cases, and conducting system tests
* Writing programs, developing unit test cases, and conducting unit testing
* At least 5 years experience identifying, determining the feasibility of, and analyzing the costs and benefits of alternatives for new software, system configurations, or new system development life cycle approaches. This experience must include:
* Identification of alternatives
* Feasibility and cost/benefit analysis of alternatives
* Development of final recommendations for users and management
* At least 4 years experience serving technical team leader of software development staff, a team composed of at least five (5) analysts and/or programmers engaged in all aspects of the systems development life cycle, from requirements through implementation. Experience shall have included responsibility for:
* Planning work, controlling projects, and reporting progress
* Preparing technical specifications for deliverables
* Guiding and monitoring the work of staff developing deliverables
* Developing work standards and evaluating performance
* Reviewing team products to assure quality before delivery
* Client relations, working closely with the client to resolve contract, development, and personnel issues
* Hands-on Agile framework project experience with the ability to run daily stand-up meetings
* At least 3 years experience
* Providing performance appraisal and employee feedback support
* assessing employee training needs and assisting employees in skill building
* recruiting, identifying, interviewing, selecting technical staff, and coordinating hires for project and task execution
Desirable Qualifications (but not required)
* SAS, Java, *.NET or application programming knowledge and experience to provide guidance and assistance with resolving technical and programming challenges
* PMP, PMI-ACP, Agile framework or Scrum certification
* DevOps or other iterative development methodologies
* Source version control with tools like Subversion
* Experience with Agile project management tools like VersionOne, JIRA or PivotalTracker
* Experience in multiple test and production environments
* Experience with the BLS standard IT development products and environments
* Knowledge of BLS surveys and systems
* Specific experience developing statistical systems
* Must be eligible to obtain Special Sworn Status Title 13 & 26 clearance through US Census Bureau
* If a foreign national, Visa must be up-to-date and demonstrated work experience here in the US for three (3) or more years
Must be authorized to work in USA. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder or possess Employment Authorization Document (EAD) or H1B transferable visa with minimum of 2 years expiration.
Candidate will go through a background check.
These are full-time positions with Sabre Systems. Must work onsite, not remotely.
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled