Labor Pool - Murray Union 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
This is an entry-level plant operation position. If
hired, the employee will receive training in multiple
classifications in an effort to support plant
operations. Labor pool employees have seniority and bid
rights as defined in the CBA.
* Must possess a strong work character and have the
ability to work in a team environment.
* Must possess a strong work ethic and passion for the
* Ability to multi-task and follow instructions.
* Must be self-motivated and self-directed to support
* Critical thinking and ability to analyze data and
situations is a must. This involves being detail
oriented with strong emphasis on accuracy and
* Safe and efficient operation of production
equipment, which may include: packaging equipment,
conveying equipment, lift truck operation and
filling equipment. Position titles are included in
the classification list in the CBA, Schedule A .
* Ability to follow standard operating procedures
(SOP s) in detail without deviation.
* Set-up packaging coders, validate product codes in
accordance with code specifications.
* Identify and effectively communicate any
out-of-specification product conditions. Follow the
established notification protocol.
* Perform routine equipment adjustments.
* Safe operation of a lift truck, moving materials
throughout shift as needed/required.
* Accurately and neatly complete production records
* Assist with equipment change-overs, CIP/SIP,
clean-up and equipment set-up.
* Product pasteurization in accordance with State and
* Perform department environmental controls.
* Perform product reclaim and rework operations.
* Support internal and external audits.
* Follow all established occupational health and
* Follow all established GMP s and Food Safety
* Cross-train with other departments.
* Perform good housekeeping within established
* Adhere to the Saputo Code of Ethics, actively apply
the Saputo Company Values and Workplace Climate
* Work together with co-workers and other department
* Other duties as required by management.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of (2)-two years of demonstrated work
experience in food manufacturing, dairy food
manufacturing experience preferred.
* Experience in milk pasteurization, processing and
* Good math skills.
* Successful completion of drug screen and background
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated work history.
* Good attendance is a must.
* Ability to work in manufacturing environment which
includes but not limited to: noise, changing
temperatures (hot, wet, cold, humidity),
maneuvering around manufacturing equipment
consistently throughout the shift.
* Working with chemicals, wearing personal protective
equipment and following approved chemical handling
* Physical lifting up to 50-lbs frequently throughout
* Shift flexibility. This is a hands-on role for a
24/7 manufacturing facility. Our equipment operators
are assigned to a team on a 3-shift, 24/7 operation
to support manufacturing. This can either be days,
swing or night shift and also includes working
weekends. Work days and shifts may change to help
cover vacations/absences, during plant downtime or
related events such as audits.