Sr. Project Manager 7/27/2018
The Ambit Group
Silver Spring, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
The Ambit Group is a Woman-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business providing management services to the public and private sectors. Our motto is "We get the mission of government done. Smarter. Faster. And cheaper." We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice and all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer.
Our policies are family-centric, provide flexible work schedules, job sharing and cross-training that meet client requirements and support our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand, we focus on the entirety of our ambit. There is no job too large and no task too low we function as ONE.
We are looking for a strong Sr. Project Manager to join our team supporting NOAA in Silver Spring, MD. In this role, you will lead a functionally diverse delivery team, providing the full spectrum of Program Management support services that range from acquisition to technical project management to our NESDIS clients. Additionally, the role will provide direct project management services to a variety of technical projects to further our clients mission.
* Serve as the Task Lead responsible for all aspects of program performance, to include personnel, contract, technical, administrative, and financial management
* Maintain interaction with the Government project manager and project coordinators as well as the ground-floor implementers/executors of the project, specifically monitoring, negotiating, informing and coordinating among various NESDIS enterprise satellite ground system initiatives, such as the Cloud Architecture project. The contractor will ensure all the components of the project remain connected and communicating.
* Demonstrate professional communication skills when advising, recommending, coordinating, and promoting compromise. Effectively and regularly communicate information on budget, schedule, risk and opportunity to the clients
* Demonstrate advanced acuity and knowledge of project management approaches and concepts and be expected to suggest -- and at times implement -- process improvement opportunities to the Government project manager. Specific areas include cloud computing and satellite data collection/observation workflow
* 8 years relevant experience, 4 of which must be in a supervisory role
* Experience drafting and reviewing executive-level correspondence, reports, agreements, briefings, meeting minutes, etc.
* 5+ years of knowledge and experience with government remote sensing/geospatial information organizations
* 5+ years of Executive-level programmatic and administrative coordination
* Project management Professional (PMP) Certification
* BA/BS Degree
* Programmatic execution experience, including budget formulation, obligation and costing, schedule and milestone management, and risk and opportunity tracking
* Experience with policy and oversight activities at the program or agency level
* Experience or knowledge of cloud technology
* Executive level oral communications skills
The Ambit Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Ambit Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Ambit Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Ambit Group s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.