Mechanical Group Lead (Windsor, CT) 7/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The Mechanical Assembly Group Leader supervises and coordinates activities of the Mechanical Assembly Department to ensure production schedules are met. Assemble sheet metal and mechanical components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned)
* Review work orders, product specs, and blueprints for schedules work assignments within the department based on priority and worker skill.
* Assign duties to department members to coincide with current production schedules and ensure work is performed in a safe and qualified manner
* Requisition tools, supplies, and equipment for the department.
* Supervise, train, evaluate, and discipline department members in coordination with the foreman.
* Responsible for the safekeeping of all the company's tools assigned to the section, and the safe operation of such tools, machines, and equipment by department members.
* Responsible for good housekeeping and following the company's safety practices such as 5S and the department's safety checklist.
* Ensure proper recording of all travelers, process and inspection sheets, and time slips on a daily basis.
* Perform activities such as assembling sheet metal and mechanical components.
* Other assignments as designated by immediate and/or higher supervisor/s.
* CIT: establish standards and procedures for continuous improvement.
* Maintain the currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses; seminars, exhibits and trade shows are needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Experience with supervising and coordinating activities in the assembly department to ensure production schedules are met.
* A broad knowledge of the section and the operations of machines, equipment, and tools used in the satisfactory performance of duties.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to use, read, and interpret drawings and measuring scale or tape proficiently.
* Ability to work in a team or solo environment.
* Familiarity with tablets and computers.
* High school diploma or equivalent, in addition to related experience.
TLD provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, TLD takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
TLD is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all candidates, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us at email@example.com. Only messages sent for this purpose will be reviewed.
This is a management position
This is a full time position