Director of Manufacturing Operations 7/27/2018
Tri Tool Inc
Rancho Cordova, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY
The Director of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for overseeing, leading, and the planning of efficient OEM manufacturing operations. The position will effectively direct the Production Operations activities to achieve continuous improvement programs resulting in consistent increases in productivity and cost reduction without loss of quality. The Director oversees the supply chain, planning, machine maintenance, and production departments to ensure safety procedures are followed and performance goals are met. The Director of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for ensuring and improving; performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of the production operations with goals of teamwork, first pass quality, and on-time delivery to ensure Tri Tool continues to deliver high performance products with excellence in customer service. This is a fulltime salaried position that reports to Tri Tool s CEO and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team, located in Rancho Cordova, CA.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform all duties as assigned and adheres to Tri Tool s Core Values.
* Oversees all aspects of the organization s manufacturing processes, including planning, production, shipping and receiving, supply chain, outside manufacturing, machine maintenance, and special projects.
* Identify areas to improves manufacturing processes and implement best practices.
* Balances production resources to meet standard product demand while integrating the impact of critical jobs.
* Aggressively lowers the cost of Tri Tool parts and products while maintaining high quality and on time requirements.
* Assess inventory levels and sales forecasting to forecast production plans with consideration of need for changes in demand due to changing and emergent customer needs.
* Partners and collaborates with the Engineering, Sales, and Purchasing teams to support excellent customer service and delivery of high performance products.
* Works with Quality Assurance department to maintain high standards.
* Prepares and reviews financial budgets for Operations and supporting departments. Utilize financial data to improve profitability, set and manage proper inventory levels, and forecast trends.
* Integrates new manufacturing technologies and proposes plans for future machinery investments.
* Monitors and mentors Management staff on spending in Operations Departments against approved and adjusted budgets.
* Manages staff resources and organization structure to adequately align with and meet business objectives for new and existing clients.
* Partners with Safety Manager to support and ensure health and safety practices are followed.
* Monitor and review performance of direct reports, and provide prompt and objective coaching, mentoring and counseling. Resolve performance, job satisfaction, and interpersonal issues, balancing employee and department needs.
* Actively participate in the creation and implementation of strategic leadership initiatives.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Bachelor s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or a related field.
* 10+ years of experience in an operations or manufacturing role with expanded responsibilities for ensuring efficient resource utilization, scheduling, unit production and supply chain management. Direct experience in industrial engineering/manufacturing is preferred.
* 5+ years of project management experience.
* 5+ years of supervisory experience; coaching, mentoring and training staff at all levels for growth.
* 3 years of finance management principles with budgeting
* Training/Experience in Lean Manufacturing and ISO standards is highly desired
* Experience with interacting with clients and outside vendors to support recurrent business
* Experience participating in resource planning, forecasting, and other production/planning initiatives.
* Ability to communicate clear, concise and professionally with clients and internal staff in both verbal and written format.
* High level of organizational skills.
* The ability to prioritize tasks and projects with little direction and supervision.
* Ability to multitask and assess, accept/make changes quickly to meet timelines.
* Extensive knowledge of MS Office programs.
* Effective business judgment and decision making skills. Ability to travel as necessary.
* Experience working with ERP & MRP systems.
* Valid Driver s license with clean driving record.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S without sponsorship.
Work is primarily conducted in a semi-private office, with interactions or work in a shop/production environment which require use of Personal Protective Equipment. The noise level is mild in the office and moderate to loud in the production areas. Occasional travel to other company facilities, client locations, or trade shows may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift/move up to 50 pounds; Lifting/moving anything over 50 pounds must be assisted. Must be able to wear safety equipment as required for personal protection.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to safely use office equipment such as computers, multi-line phones, scanners, copiers, and paper cutters. Must be able to safely operate equipment and machinery such as company vehicles, forklifts, and production equipment.
Tri Tool offers competitive compensation and benefits including medical, vision, and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, a 401(k) plan with generous employer match, vacation, sick and holidays.
Successful completion of the pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol testing and criminal background investigation required following offer of employment. DMV clearance is required. Tri Tool is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA. Salary will be dependent on specific knowledge and experience.
Tri Tool Inc. has been a globally recognized world leader in the design and manufacture of precision portable machine tools for purchase or rental, domestically and internationally since 1972. Tri Tool Inc. produces heavy-duty pipeline machinery, automatic welding systems and provides on-site machining and welding services to a variety of industries including oil and gas exploration and production, nuclear and fossil fuel power plants, chemical, pulp and paper, and similar heavy industries.