Director of Corporate Communications 7/27/2018
Tree Top Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director of Corporate Communications is responsible for establishing and supporting the delivery of Tree Top s corporate communication program to reach relevant stakeholders, including employees, growers, customers, and consumers. In addition, position effectively describes, promotes and protects the organization and its products while maintaining relevance, accuracy and ensuring timeliness of communication, and creates a pride of the organization for all stakeholders.
This position reports to the President and CEO and manages the company store. The position works with the Senior Leadership Team, employees, community leaders, industry associations, public relations agencies, and the media.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. Tree Top has identified personnel that will serve as backups for key personnel in the event that said employee is absent or unavailable. These provisions can be found within the organizational chart. Tree Top may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
* Develop and implement a clear corporate communications strategy to support business objectives and maintain a positive company and brand image among all internal and external audiences. Ensure effective employee communication through Fresh Press, CEO communications, employee announcements, and employee initiative communication and events. Ensure grower and warehouse communication through PRESS quarterly magazine, as well as other routine correspondence, and addresses communication of major initiatives, annual report, and grower website.
* Present and maintain a positive public image by proactively developing public and media outreach strategies, creating and implementing product or service announcements, maintaining corporate website fact accuracy, supporting social media engagement with consumers and employees, handling sensitive and difficult consumer relations, and assisting executives with public speaking events. Establish and maintain corporate identity and brand standards. Serve as the principal contact for media relations including briefing the Senior Leadership Team and other senior management for media activity.
* Manage crisis communication and engage / manage outside crisis management resources as appropriate. Proactively engage, advise, and collaborate with Senior Leadership Team on the development and implementation of communication programs to anticipate and effectively respond to crises that threaten the corporate reputation and brand. Collaborate with industry associations on communication impacting the image and reputation of product categories and other corporate / key stakeholder interests.
* Support marketing and public relations efforts by effectively utilizing, and when appropriate managing external PR firms. Ensure selected firms and strategies support stated company and brand objectives and communications are consistent with corporate image.
* Budget and maintain the profitability of the outlet store while maintaining the valuable service to growers, employees, and community. Ensure outlet store creates a favorable image and personifies the corporate image.
* Provide leadership and supervision of outlet store employees. Manage goals and objectives for direct reports. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
* Support Tree Top corporate sustainability programs / efforts by gathering information, organizing, and publishing annual Corporate Citizenship and Sustainability report and communicating results. Participate on and support corporate sustainability team that establishes appropriate goals and tracks results. Support Tree Top customers corporate sustainability and social responsibility reporting requirements.
* Plan and execute special events and projects that impact Tree Top s image to the public and internal and external stakeholders.
* Develop budget and oversee the corporate giving program, including reviewing and evaluating funding and recognition proposals and coordinating Tree Top s participation.
* Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ENTRY:
* Corporate-wide communication techniques to address culturally diverse audiences.
* Current multimedia trends and associated publishing technologies and applications.
* Principles and practices of public relations, communications, and journalism.
* Principles and practices of project management.
* Effective business communication, including verbal, written, and presentations.
* Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
* Effectively manage and coordinate a variety of projects, events and/or programs.
* Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
* Communicate concisely and accurately about organizational subjects for a broad range of audiences to inform, motivate, or persuade across all mediums
* Respond to request and inquiries from the media and general public.
* Think creatively and strategically in order to drive organization-wide results.
* Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
* Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
* Gather, evaluate, and interpret information.
* Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
* Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
* Meet behaviors established in Tree Top s performance management and development process.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
* A Bachelor s degree in public relations, journalism, or communications
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in public relations, journalism, or communications
* Constantly works in an office environment and occasionally has exposures to an outdoor environment
* Frequently deals with highly confidential information
* Frequently works under tight time constraints
* Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
* Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
* Physical requirements of the job:
* Frequently lifts up to 20 pounds
* Vision requirements: Frequently uses near vision, and occasionally uses depth perception and color vision
* Frequently talks, types, listens/uses hearing, and sits
* Occasionally stands, walks, and/or drives
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Tree Top is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.