Senior Contracts Officer/Cost and Pricing 7/27/2018
University Research Co., LLC
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Senior Contracts Officer/Cost and Pricing
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 744
# OF OPENINGS: 1
As a member of the Office of Contracts, Grants Administration, Cost and Pricing, he/she will be responsible for the negotiation, administration, and termination of prime contracts, subcontracts, grants and cooperative agreements in addition to, as a member of a proposal/application team, perform the cost and pricing duties. This position works closely with the senior officers, program managers, and the Program Development unit.
Prime Awards Administration:
* Provide cradle to grave contract administration and procurement support to URC program divisions to ensure full compliance with the awards requirements, clients regulations and URC policies
* Negotiating and administering various types of awards (contracts, grants and cooperative agreements) and communicating with the Clients/Donors so approvals, extensions, modifications and amendments, supplemental funding requests, key personnel notifications, close-outs and other actions are handled promptly
* Provide day to day contractual support to the program divisions and including monitoring of implementation of prime awards including subcontracts, and subawards throughout the life of the program to closeouts.
* Ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations including Federal Acquisition (FAR) and the Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR), 2 CFR 200 and 700 and other applicable regulations.
* Coordinating with program managers on financial and administrative matters that impact on prime awards
* Coordinating contract budget realignments, when necessary
* Liaising with the Finance Department on contract-related matters
* Reviewing and providing input to the contracts database
* Other contractual duties as needed and required
Cost and Pricing:
* As a member of the Office of Contracts, Grants Administration, Cost and Pricing he/she will be called to be a member of the proposal team performing the duties of cost and pricing such as but not limited to:
* Participates in the analysis of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Applications (RFAs) from federal, state, international agencies and donors for the purpose of identifying risks, trends and deviations from the norm.
* Engage in the development of a strategic, fully-compliant business proposal, and for developing and maintaining a knowledge base of strategic pricing data and methodologies.
* Prepare cost/business proposals/applications and submissions to donor agencies in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Applications (RFAs) and other funding opportunities in coordination with program staff at URC headquarters and field offices. Also, submit list of questions on the solicitation document to the Donors and clients.
* Review the cost and business requirements of RFPs and RFAs and clients requests for various types of Awards taking into consideration any future amendments.
* Communicating and reviewing partner cost packages.
* Prepare for senior management s signature, the representations, certifications and any other forms requested in a solicitation.
* As needed, participate in development of a pricing strategy/approach(s) responding to various type of competition.
* Develop appropriate pricing templates utilizing Microsoft Excel that conform to solicitation
* In compliance with the RFPs and RFAs requirements and URC pricing standards, provide effective pricing direction and support to the proposal team.
* Ensure required cost proposal schedules are prepared timely and accurately.
* Review all pricing data submitted by proposal team and partners and subcontractors for accuracy and completeness of their cost proposals in line with the requirements of the clients.
* Review and maintain cost proposal-related records and databases.
* Bring any deviations from the norm and communicate notable findings with recommendations to the attention of URC senior management with the intent of enhancing the cost and pricing methodologies.
* Other related and relevant duties in this area as assigned
* Five to seven years of extensive experience negotiation and administering federal awards, subawards in addition to preparing business proposals thereto.
* Deep Knowledge of appropriate regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is required, and experience applying the Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR) is highly desired
* A Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Management or Accounting, or related field is needed
* Candidates must be skilled in analyzing government solicitations, contracts for compliance, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex projects. Experience in a federal contracting environment and hands-on contract administration experience is required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required
* Knowledge of another language is preferred, not required
* Computer proficiency in Excel and MS Word
* Flexibility to adapt to changing work requirements is essential
* Knowledge of Deltek System One, GCS Premier and/or Costpoint desirable
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Resume and Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience and qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Apply with Indeed