Assistant Construction Manager 7/27/2018
Vanir Construction Management, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Welcome page
Log back in!
ASSISTANT CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Job Locations US-CA-Hayward
Construction / Project Management
Vanir Construction Management, Inc. has been exceeding client expectations for 35 years. Our progressive growth and quality of service has led Vanir to become consistently ranked among the top construction management firms in the nation by Engineering News-Record. As we continue growing into new areas and markets, our focus is to maintain a team of creative, ambitious, and visionary individuals.
The Assistant Construction Manager assists in providing onsite leadership, coordination, and direction for construction management activities to STEAM building projects. Duties include assisting in ensuring the project is on budget, schedule, and the design fits the requirements for the contract. May supervise field administrative staff and Field/Project Engineers. This position will support construction in the Education Sector.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Provides assistant construction management services on DSA projects
* Knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure compliance with project requirements for DSA projects
* Assists with oversight of progress of construction
* Assists in coordinating and monitoring activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities
* Assists Construction Manager in managing project controls, cost, schedule, performance activities, and procedures or as required by the client
* Conducts project meetings and provide meeting minutes, documentation, administration, and tracking of relevant information
* Ensures contractors, architects, and engineers will adhere to contractual requirements on areas of safety, performance, project staff, and equipment
* Assists in providing management of project logistics, organization and safety
* Ensures project closeout to obtain guarantees, warranties, and related provisions for turnover to the owner, including DSA closeout requirements
* Performs other duties as required to ensure project success
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Architecture is required (Extensive relevant construction management experience in place of education may be considered)
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction or project management is required; experience as an Assistant Construction Manager is preferred
* Experience with DSA / public projects in California, specifically K-12 projects is preferred
* Effective oral and written communication skills are required
* Knowledge of project controls/scheduling, documentation, engineering/construction principles, techniques, materials, applications, and practices is required
* Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite products, and experience with project-related Construction Management systems are preferred
* Construction Manager in Training (CMIT) is preferred
HOW TO APPLY
If you're interested in working for Vanir Construction Management, Inc., please visit our website to learn more and to apply online at www.vanir.com.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with medical limitations may, with reasonable accommodations, be capable of performing the duties of this position. Such a determination must be made on an individual basis considering the person's limitations, the requirements of the position, and the company's ability to make reasonable accommodations to the person's limitations.
We Participate in E-Verify
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS