Business Analyst (1771) 7/28/2018
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AIS is currently seeking Business Analysts to support various client sites throughout the DC and Baltimore metro areas! We're seeking a technical professional who is passionate about business and systems analysis.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with Cloud Services , Agile Business Automation , Enterprise IT Services and DevOps . But what really sets us apart* Simply put our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
* Capture and transform stakeholder needs, expectations, constraints, and interfaces into customer features and requirements.
* Elicit, identify, and capture functional and non-functional requirements through systems and use case analysis.
* Develop system context models, use case models, user interface storyboards, business process flow models, and domain models.
* Write use case specifications.
* Identify and specify business rules and map rules to use cases.
* Mock up UI designs in Visio, VS.NET, or other UI prototyping tool.
* Use an iterative approach to complete project-based work.
* Define an appropriate set of requirements definition and management tasks and estimate the work for their tasks and backlog items.
* Provide support for review of requirements compliance and requirements management best practices and artifacts.
* Have a demonstrated ability to work with agile development methodologies.
* Have a demonstrated ability to work directly with client staff and in a team environment.
* Ability to commute daily to client locations in Baltimore, Maryland and potentially Washington, DC.
Profile of Success:
* Bachelor s Degree in an IT related field, 6 years of software experience, and 2 years of business analyst experience.
* Experience in custom application development on the Microsoft technology platform and Microsoft Office and development tools to create innovative business solutions.
* Working knowledge of agile software development methodologies such as Scrum, or other mainstream methodologies.
* Working knowledge of iterative software development methodologies such as Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), or IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP).
* Perform mock up UI designs, report designs or other commercial reporting tool.
Other Desirable Skills:
* ScrumMaster certification.
* Exposure to custom based SharePoint and CRM applications.
* Working knowledge of Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
* Working knowledge of UML based modeling tools.
* Have knowledge of Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integrated for SW (CMMI-SW) with focus on requirements definition and requirements management key process areas (KPAs).
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying*
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you*
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401K match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there's always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.