Value Stream Leader 7/28/2018
New Bedford, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 32 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,400 employees.
Atkore International is currently searching for a Value Stream Lead for its Cable Solutions Business Unit, New Bedford MA location. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Operational leadership, resulting in successful safe work environment, exceptional quality performance, lean implementation, productivity gains, a reduction in operating costs, inventories and lead times.
* Ownership of a specified value stream, including cost analysis and improvement opportunities, equipment up time, quality improvements, and manufacturing productivity.
* Promote and coach team members on the mindset, skill sets and tool sets of the Atkore Business System (ABS), Lean Daily Management and Strategy Deployment Process.
* Create a culture of continuous improvement with the necessary skill sets to help drive the company to become a stronger learning organization.
* Lead the value stream team in daily operations and continuous improvements in, among other things, supply chain production control, establishment of distribution priorities, and coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments.
* Utilize ABS and lean tools for the creation of continuous product flow, pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and work to level the workload.
* Create, implement and modify when needed standardized work and ensure standardized work is followed by value stream team members.
* Develop and implement cross training activities to ensure proper function of the value stream and optimize the team s potential.
* Ensure compliance with safety requirements.
* Instill and maintain a positive can-do team atmosphere within the value stream by holding regular team meetings, assigning tasks to team members, empowering team member decision-making, and coordinating support services.
* Utilize Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) in conjunction with the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) boards and Atkore Improvement Boards (AIB) to ensure performance objectives are met.
* Maintain and be accountable for KPI visual reporting while actively participating in Lean Daily Management activities, including GEMBA walks.
* Partner with internal stakeholders to develop, attain, and document future-state value stream maps.
* Work with value stream team members to maintain the KPI and AIB boards to ensure problems and challenges have visibility.
* Provide effective cross-training for the value stream associates, including backups from other value streams.
* Bachelor's degree and minimum of 2 years of management/supervisory experience, in in a manufacturing environment.
* 3 to 5 years of manufacturing experience, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope, and complexity.
* Experience and background in accounting, human resources management in a unionized environment, inventory control and strategic planning preferred but not required
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft applications.
* Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills that have resulted in strategic and tactical goal attainment.
* Strong Lean manufacturing/distribution background and the passion to grow your lean experience. Strong demonstrated Lean accomplishments as well as cost out and process improvements.
* All associates must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Atkore s mission is to be the customer s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process.
We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
* Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (minorities/women/the disabled/protected veterans).
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters here.