Quality/Safety & Environmental Engineer 7/28/2018
New Bedford, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Atkore International is a publically traded industry leader manufacturing Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications. We successfully executed an initial public offering on June 10, 2016.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit & Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue. Our global locations include 24 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,000 employees.
Reporting to Quality Manager, the S&E & Quality Engineer s primary focus will be to promote S&E & Quality through detailed standard work, graphical communication of gaps and achievements, and facilitating problem solving with Quality tools.
Additional essential functions include, but are not limited to:
* Drive S&E and quality performance, results and culture with operations and maintenance.
* Ensure S&E and quality procedures, specifications, standards and standard work are available and being followed to ensure sustainability of corrective actions.
* Maintain established safety program. Propose improvements reflective of site performance.
* Monitor customer satisfaction and drive resolution and prevention of customer complaints.
* Support plant cost reductions and process improvement projects through the use of various Quality tools such as fishbone diagrams, FMEA, process capability, MSA/Gage R&R, SPC, Pareto analysis and other Six Sigma/Lean tools.
* Maintain compliance to all S&E and Quality regulatory requirements including Air, Storm Water, Waste Water Permits and UL/CSA requirements.
* Accountable for managing site S&E and Quality documentation to include data collection, training, KPI Boards, audits and testing.
* Eliminate chronic problems through the use of formal problem solving techniques.
* Provides functional leadership with utilizing Lean Six Sigma principles, methodologies and tools to support achievement of Atkore Business Systems business objectives.
* Develop robust inspection and testing for raw materials and final product.
* Able to interface with manufacturers and identify best practices for calibration and maintenance of equipment and tools specific to the wire/cable industry.
* Perform daily testing on final product to ensure UL/CSA standard compliance.
* Perform program reviews, S&E and Quality audits and drive closure of corrective actions to ensure compliance. Perform 30/60/90 day audits to ensure effectivity.
* Meet on a monthly basis with site employees and report out on Safety and Quality topics and metrics.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or other Physical Science
* Miniumum of 2 years experience with manufacturing / warehouse operations required
* Hands on, accountable team player with willingness to learn as well as teach others.
* Manufacturing experience in extrusion, metallurgical and/or electrical components/cable experience desired. Experience with high voltage testing preferred.
* ISO 9001: 2008 & 2015 knowledge is required. Able to perform internal and process audits to standard as well as to internal documentation.
* Knowledge of dimensional inspection, process control methods, and document control.
* High comfort level operating, troubleshooting and training others on the use of high voltage test equipment, physical lab testing, and calibration of equipment.
* Experience working with OSHA standards and safety procedures.
* Practical experience in root cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
* Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is preferred.
* Knowledge of UL/CSA standards and inspections are preferred.
* History leading and supporting Kaizen events (5S, SMED, Kanban, TPM etc.).
* Knowledge of statistical theory and principles, SPC and tools such as Minitab.
* Hands on, accountable team player with the willingness to learn as well as teach others. This position requires extensive time spent within a manufacturing environment.
* Bilingual preferred.
Atkore s mission is to be the customer s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery, and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and process.
We are able execute on our mission through our core values. All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence (ATIRE). Senior leaders are also expected to drive innovation by delivering value to our customers through a culture built from a mindset, skill set, and tool set that drives breakthrough results.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
* Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer (minorities/women/the disabled/protected veterans).
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters here.