Vice President, DFIR 7/28/2018
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-NY-New York
Aon is looking for a Vice President, Digital Forensics & Incident Response.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting DFIR. As a Vice President, you will report directly to the Managing Director and have direct reports, which include entry level to mid-level colleagues.
Your impact as a Vice President, DFIR
The Digital Forensics unit at Stroz Friedberg is the heart of the firm's reactive cybersecurity consulting services. Our team works in many investigative and technical areas to help clients solve problems. Casework may include: the preservation and forensic analysis of operating systems; the collection of evidence from various devices and networks; document forgery analyses; user activity timelining; deletion, spoliation, and obstruction of justice analyses; IP theft investigation and remediation; interviews of technical staff; IoT device data analysis; online investigations; data analytics; client consultation; expert report writing; post-breach incident response; and more. Success as a member of the Digital Forensics team requires nimbleness and perspicacity. You are well suited to thrive as a cybersecurity consultant when, at heart, you are a detective; you are a scientist; you are an advocate for the facts. You are a coder, a tinkerer, and a curious mind. You are a technical generalist and an expert witness. You solve puzzles. You are a translator of arcane technical scenarios and forensic artifacts into clear, compelling findings for legal, corporate, and government clients. You enjoy working in a challenging, ever-evolving, high-stakes consulting environment. You are as comfortable speaking in front of lawyers and executives as you are at a hackathon. You are self-sufficient at learning new technologies and can code up clever solutions to problems when adequate tools do not exist. You like working hard and helping clients find creative solutions to difficult and mission-critical technical problems. You thrive in a diverse, supportive workplace where everyone strives to improve his or her technical skills collaboratively.
As a Vice President, you will manage local and regional teams of experts in running high-stakes, high-profile investigations for our clients. You are expected to have mastery of the fundamentals of running cybersecurity investigations. You will apply your deep industry experience and thought leadership in cybersecurity to your casework and client management. You will work at the direction of a Managing Director or Executive Managing Director in the unit to scope, coordinate, oversee, and perform numerous client cases. You will publish and speak on relevant topics in our industry, drive the strategic direction of the firm, and help build Stroz Friedberg s service offerings. As a regional team leader, the quality of the Digital Forensics unit s work and its continuing sterling reputation will rest with you.
* Coordinate and perform the most complex forensic analyses handled by the firm.
* Provide top-of-the-industry expert testimony in trials, depositions, and other proceedings.
* Supervise local and regional Digital Forensics staff, including coordinating teams of experts, assuring stellar work product, conducting annual performance reviews, and mentoring cybersecurity experts.
* Work independently as technical lead for critical corporate, legal, and government clients on high-profile matters.
* Ensure that client matters are staffed adequately and efficiently and that deadlines are met.
* Produce high quality oral and written work product, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
* Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
* Draft and conduct peer review of expert reports, affidavits, and other expert testimony.
* Maintain proficiency with industry standard tools and practices, and seek opportunities to enhance depth and areas of proficiency.
* Seek opportunities to broaden expertise of the digital forensic examiners and staff through in house and outside training.
* Ensure the smooth functioning of the forensic laboratories under your direct supervision; foster teamwork, information sharing, and inter-office collaboration and consistency.
* Identify emerging cybersecurity opportunities, and develop new strategic expertise and value propositions for the firm.
* Support and drive the strategic direction of the Digital Forensics unit.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* A demonstrable career in providing outstanding client service.
* Clarity in written and oral communication.
* Proven ability to excel and persuade as an expert witness.
* Three or more years managing technical teams on complex cybersecurity projects.
* GCFE, GCIH, CCE, EnCE or equivalent digital forensics / incident response certification.
* Deep experience with most common operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android) and their file systems (ext3/4, HFS+, APFS, NTFS, exFAT, etc.).
* Proficiency with industry-standard forensic toolsets, including X-Ways, EnCase, Axiom/IEF, Cellebrite, and FTK, and experience presenting findings derived from such tools in sworn testimony.
* Proficiency with database querying and analysis.
* Experience with cloud infrastructures for the enterprise, such as Amazon Web Services, G Suite, Office 365, and Azure.
* Strong work ethic.
* Even stronger analytic, quantitative, and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Confidence, humility, openness, kindness, and a commitment to learning and teaching others.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent years of industry experience. 8-10 years or more of sustained excellence in digital forensics, incident response, or applicable technical field.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.