H&B Consultant II 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MA-Boston
Aon Is looking for a Senior H&B Consultant
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business group within Aon Risk Solutions in Boston, MA
Your Impact As A Senior H&B Consultant
We integrate customized services, leverage expertise across industries and apply business knowledge to our clients' strategic goals. Aon helps clients anticipate how change intersects with opportunity. Each of our clients has unique business needs, so we have developed expertise for a complete range of business processes, products and industries. Aon s account and relationship managers form a comprehensive perspective of our clients organizations, matching our expertise to their business strategy.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The Health & Benefits (H&B) Senior Consultant supports and collaborates with internal teams in executing on all client work and prospect opportunities in close partnership with the H&B Local Practice Leader (LPL) and Account Executives (AEs), adhering to Aon s Client Promise attributes. The work will primarily focus on Middle Market (500-5,000 employees) and Small Market (up to 500 employees); however, the Senior Consultant might also support certain Large Market (5,000+) work.
As an H&B Senior Consultant, responsibilities encompass either doing or overseeing the work of Analysts and Specialists, including:
* Set-up, review and/or analysis of utilization, financial, claims & ad hoc reports, which can encompass spread sheets and/or data warehouse data collection & manipulation
* Coordinate with colleagues and/or use tools for discount analyses, benchmarking, etc.
* Establish effective day-to-day relationships with client teams & the clients carriers/vendors
* Work with carriers/vendors on implementations & claims/administrative issue resolution
* Manage open items lists & arrange for/conduct regular client & carrier/vendor meetings
* Conduct reviews of SPDs, contracts, renewals, rate setting, 5500s & other benefit information for completeness, reasonability, accuracy & alignment with client expectations
* Support development and/or draft/prepare RPFs, client reports & presentations
* Work on various ad hoc projects with direction from LPL and/or AEs
* Participate in local & national training events/initiatives to further understanding of business
The Senior Consultant is expected to perform these duties in close partnership with Account Executives, where s/he will act as the key back-up to the Account Executive for the client, including but not limited to:
* Making final recommendations on renewal strategies
* Managing client relationships with attention to service level agreements & client retention
* Ownership of RFPs, including all analysis & development of client materials
* Consulting on industry trends
* Managing significant ad hoc client initiatives
* Supporting AEs in working with H&B Specialty areas, Aon Risk Services (ARS) colleagues, etc. in sales/growth initiatives
Additionally, the Senior Consultant is expected to:
* Lead and/or contribute to internal task forces and special project teams, as well as industry vertical groups
* Help establish and/or enhance the Aon brand in the market through active engagement with industry groups, insurance carriers, healthcare vendors, etc.
* Bachelor s degree (or equivalent experience)
* Appropriate Insurance License/Life & Health
* 5-7+ years of experience, with demonstrated in-depth knowledge & genuine interest in the health & benefits industry
* Strong skills with attention to detail, organization & analytics (quantitative & qualitative)
* Keen financial management experience, including advanced proficiency in Excel & online tools
* Ability to manage competing demands, client expectations & work flows
* Superior oral and written communications skills
* Collaborative approach to working with other
* Client-focus, team-orientation, enthusiasm, energy, creativity, willingness to go above n beyond
* Ethical behavior that adheres to professional standards and ethics, and demonstrates the highest level of integrity and honesty in all interactions
* Awareness of cultural differences within Aon and with clients
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.