Bid Proposal Manager - Construction 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Proposal Project Manager - Construction
Reporting to the Director of Bid Management Commercial Risk Solutions, the proposal project manager will work on construction bids, inclusive of OCIPs and CCIPs, for our Aon Risk Solutions (ARS U.S.) business unit.
The Proposal Project Manager will lead, plan, develop, produce, and deliver proposal and presentation deliverables required by client solicitation RFPs (request for proposals). This involves hands-on management of the entire bid process, which includes, but is not limited to: identification of development of outlines, completion of writing assignments, monitoring time lines, editing, and ensuring compliance.
You will work with account teams, brokers, subject matter experts and designers, to ensure that proposals and presentations reflect a clear strategy, strong written/technical content, and visually align with the Aon brand.
The project manager is expected to assist in recommending process improvements to meet national goals for new business and client retention.
* Lead project management efforts for the RFP response process
* Organize and lead proposal meetings and ensure a response strategy is established and implemented
* Provide strategic and content direction for the preparation of proposals and presentations to achieve a response that is aligned with the defined approach
* Work with account teams, brokers, and subject matter experts to develop customized content
* Partner with the lead designer to ensure proposals and presentations are visually impactful
* Write, revise, proofread, and transmit proposals in response to RFPs and presentations specific to client situation
* Lead presentation brainstorming and development sessions, and conduct rehearsals with client-facing colleagues for finalist presentations
* Continue to develop a practical and working knowledge of risk brokerage and construction, inclusive of OCIPs and CCIPs
BA in English, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related fields in Communication required
* 3-5 years professional work experience in bid management required; similar industry experience strongly preferred
* Significant background in the development of custom strategic content (leveraging strategic messaging/value propositions) and strong editing skills required
* Ability to manage multiple bids simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, meeting all deadlines
* Experience with oral presentations, partnering with a designer and the account team required
* Ability to learn quickly and show flexibility to adapt in a growing group, working both independently and with a team mentality (required)
* Advanced knowledge of Word and Proposal Management Software (SharePoint, Qvidian, etc.) strongly preferred
* Basic PowerPoint, and Salesforce.com knowledge required
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.