Health & Benefits Analyst 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Family US-MO-Clayton
Aon Is Looking For A Health and Benefits Analyst
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health and Benefits Consulting business group within Aon, in St Louis, MO or Kansas City, MO.
Candidates with more experience may be considered for a Health & Benefits Consultant level.
Your Impact As A Health and Benefits Analyst
Primary responsibilities of this position to include providing assistance to internal client teams in such areas as marketing support, legal compliance, client service issues, and interaction with carriers.
Specific tasks could include:
* RFP review & preparation.
* Summary Plan Descriptions and contract compliance.
* Analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports, and claims data & trends.
* COBRA, HIPAA, 5500 s issues.
* Contract review and benefit comparisons.
* Customer service & client communications.
* Custom & ad hoc reporting.
* Proposal & report preparation and presentation.
* Claims issues & administrative problems.
* Carrier/client relations.
Additional responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Takes ownership of work and is accountable for its completion and accuracy; can problem solve and make effective decisions.
* Prepares sections of deliverables with some oversight.
* Assist consulting team with client proposals, presentations, management reporting, and overall peer review of all work.
* Manages client open items list and responds to client requests and ad-hoc reporting requests as needed.
* Asks questions of team members to improve understanding of clients' needs.
* Works well with carriers, managing their responses for timeliness and accuracy, and building relationships.
* Possess a basic understanding of the health and group benefits, and participates as needed on task forces and special project teams.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 1 plus years group health and benefits experience, ideally with emphasis on financial matters (either in brokerage/consulting firm or comparable carrier experience). Consultant level candidates will have at least 3+ years of experience.
* Strong proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
* Client Service Orientation - Ideal candidate would have worked at a health insurance company in an account management role.
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in Insurance or Risk Management/Business or equivalent work experience.
* License or Certificate Requirements:
* Appropriate Insurance License/Life and Health
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.