Walmart West Region Team Lead 7/28/2018
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are The Boston Beer Company. We brew the best beer. We hire the best people.
We are always eager to find competitive, motivated, hardworking people who love beer and want to join our team. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently hiring for our next WALMART WEST REGION TEAM LEAD IN THE PREFERRED LOCATIONS OF CA, AZ, TX, OR CO.
The National Account Manager (NAM) Team Lead is responsible to drive Boston Beer Company (BBC) sales volume through retail customers by effectively selling distribution, ads, displays and appropriate category management execution. They need to be the off-premise leader for the Region Manager (RM), District Manager (DM) and Brewery Representatives (BRs) for their class of trade and customers in their respective markets. In alignment with the RM they must help deliver the annual plan. The NAM must deliver the annual plan while managing resources to budget.
WHAT YOU\'LL DO:
* PLANNING: Through the Region Manager of National Accounts (RMNA) direction, must be able to timely and successfully organize and deliver,
* Annual volume, Ad/Feature activity and Distribution plans
* Creative programming by chain account and market
* Impactful ad, feature and promotional/cross-promotional activities
* Budgeting by program and chain
* Pricing by distributor for each chain
* MARKET DEVELOPMENT: Through RMNA direction, must be able to find new business by:
* Identifying and prioritizing opportunities for incremental volume
* Developing tactics to close identified opportunities
* Looking for new opportunities to grow business through additional call points
* SELLING: Must be able to practice BBC selling process and selling skills to,
* Establish goals and selling story and anticipate objections
* Competently understand market and competitive data
* Competently build IRI and other data in presentations and communicate their meaning to buyers during the sales call
* Understand buyer needs and sells vs. in a consultative fashion
* Close and follow up in a timely manner
* COMMUNICATION: Effectively communicates internally and externally,
* Through creative and impactful wholesaler and buyer presentations
* Monthly sales call and goal updates delivered to manager
* Professional and succinct retail memos and distributor correspondence
* Facilitate communication of account programs and inventory needs to the BBC distributor network
* Finance, Legal and Brand Development by effectively coordinating program initiatives
* Comfortable speaking ones mind and supports the philosophy of discussing the un-discussables
* MOTIVATING/TEAM BUILDING: Lead and have strong working relationships by,
* Establishing rapport with all buyers and wholesaler chain managers
* Instilling commitment and enthusiasm for high levels of performance to include Regional, District and Account Manager
* Working cooperatively with others across the organization
* Building relationships with core wholesalers based on Region Manager input
* KNOWLEDGE: Must be current and fluent in,
* Sales trends, opportunity gaps, customers, competitive activities, and BBC/distributor activities that affect the off-premise class of trade
* Be analytical and conversant with IRI, Retail Link, VIP and other data sources to evaluate BBC business and make recommendations to retailers, BBC and distributors.
* Knowledge of competitive brands and pricing
* ADMINISTRATION: Responsible to timely deliver,
* Call recaps, alerts, monthly calendar, budget and bonus management
* INDUSTRY RELATIONS: Effectively represents BBC at
* Trade shows and industry events
* Initiating involvement with charity events associated with chain vendors
WHAT WE\'RE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelors Degree
* Minimum of 4-6 years Consumer Package Sales
* Adult alcohol industry experience strongly preferred
* 40%- 50% - 8 to 10 days a month
* Travel to make:
* Retail and Distributor sales calls and meetings
* Boston Beer Company Brewery Representative/District Manager work withs
* Must be able to lift one case of beer
Our people are our most important ingredient. We not only have to hire the best, but we have to reward, develop, and retain them too. We also have a variety of benefits including a competitive compensation package, extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discounted stock purchase plan, and a 401K program with a generous company match. Not to mention, theres the free beer too!
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact email@example.com for assistance.