Manager S&C Construction - La Crosse, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/28/2018
END DATE 8/12/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONCanadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in the United States and Canada with direct links to eight major ports providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
* Accountable for providing the guidance and managerial leadership of employees responsible for the installation and maintenance of signals & communications systems in accordance with S&C Standards and Regulatory requirements to permit the safe operation of trains on the territory.
* Directs safety leadership and fosters continuous improvement in workplace safety; * Monitors performance of the construction services delivered and initiates corrective action where appropriate; * Implements policies, processes, and procedures to improve productivity and efficiency; * Identifies and recommends innovative work methods, new processes, and best practices; * Accountable for completion and final documentation of construction projects; * Liaises with Regulatory agencies for compliance and new installations; * Manage the work performed and within budgetary guidelines; * Coach/mentor direct reports to improve their effectiveness, assess personal effectiveness and provide development opportunities; * Provide input to modify the integrated plan according to adjustments in demand and schedule; * Fully utilize the collective agreement for effective work management.
* Minimum High School diploma and an Electronics Diploma an asset;
* Working knowledge of S&C Principles;
* Working knowledge of S&C equipment;
* Knowledge and comprehension of collective agreements;
* Knowledgeable on S&C Standards and Regulatory requirements;
* Demonstrated ability in Planning, Prioritizing and Execution to the plan;
* Good computer skills (word, excel, PP, SAP, CAM's);
* Good problem solving and analytical skills;
* Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written;
* Leadership and strong interpersonal skills;
* Ability to be available for emergent situations;
* Sense of urgency;
* Significant travel and overnight stays;
* Demonstrated commitment to regulatory compliance;
* Proven dedication to leading safety initiatives;
* Dedicated to safe, on time, on budget, quality construction.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
* Flexible and competitive benefits package
* Completive company pension plan
* Employee Share Purchase Plan
* Performance Incentive Program
* Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position is considered a Safety sensitive or safety critical position; all new hires will be required to complete a pre-employment medical evaluation that includes a vision, hearing, drug screening and pre-employment physical.
Drug Test Elements:
CP is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CP safe and drug-free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
* Criminal history check * Education verification * Last 3 years of driving history * Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service * Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.