Senior Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/28/2018
END DATE 8/9/2018
DDL Omni Engineering
SENIOR TEST ENGINEER
Job Locations US-VA-McLean
# of Openings
DDL OMNI Engineering is currently seeking a Systems Test Engineer to support the testing (dockside and at-sea calibration) program for submarine Signal Data Recording Systems (SDRSs) and interfaced sonar systems which includes the development of new and revised test (dockside and at-sea calibration) procedures. This is a long-term program which requires frequent test procedure updates based on analysis of new and revised testing requirements to reflect new functions and features implemented by software and hardware engineering changes to the SDRS and the interfaced sonar systems and the development of new sonar sensors. Test procedure changes are also required to reflect the development of improved testing methodology, updates to related test software developed by DDL OMNI, updates to testing hardware and test equipment user s manuals, and changes to program test objectives. The Systems Test Engineer will become part of a seasoned team of experts who support the SDRSs. The existing team members will provide mentoring to the new employee to enable them to become knowledgeable on the technical and operational characteristics of the SDRSs quickly so that they will be in a position to provide the required level of support in a short period of time after starting employment with DDL OMNI. Tasks typically performed in this position include the following:
* Determine new SDRS or interfaced sonar system test requirements or impact to existing test procedures by analyzing Engineering Change data for the SDRS or interfaced sonar system provided by the Navy.
* Determine new SDRS or interfaced sonar system test requirements or impact to existing test procedures as a result of changes to test methodology, test software, or test hardware, or program test objectives as identified by the Navy.
* Using the new test requirements, develop new test procedures or updates to existing test procedures including the development of test data specifications and tolerances.
* Validate all new or revised test procedures at Navy or equipment manufacturer s test labs and dockside onboard submarines. The dockside and at-sea validation is normally done by monitoring the procedure usage by dedicated Navy test teams who will be the end user of the procedures.
* Incorporate any needed procedure changes identified by customer review and during validation and deliver the validated procedures on electronic media.
* Provide follow-on technical support to Navy test teams or other support personnel to resolve any test procedure related problems that are encountered.
* Perform test data collection and analysis at test labs and dockside on new configurations for use in developing new test requirements and procedures.
* Periodically analyze Navy test team collected data for use in developing updated empirical test data specifications and identifying other potential needed changes to test procedures.
* Periodically evaluate the current test methodology being used and recommend any changes which will improve the process.
* Develop and update SDRS Operational Data Gathering Procedures used by fleet personnel.
* Develop and update User s Manuals for SDRS Quality Assurance and Analysis sub-system used by fleet and shored-based personnel.
All jobs at DDL Omni Engineering Client s Talent Network
Qualified candidates must have an active security clearance.
Formal academic training including a Bachelor s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering or a related field or a combination of military or commercial electronics training and related experience.
Experience and Skills Required:
Candidates for this position should have 5 or more years experience in analyzing and developing systems test requirements and test procedures, but candidates with less experience will also be considered. Once the candidate becomes familiar with the SDRS test program, in addition to working at the McLean office, they will periodically work with minimum supervision at lab test facilities and onboard submarines dockside including working closely in a team environment with professionals from other companies and government reps. The candidate should be able to setup software controlled test instrumentation and collect, analyze, and report test data for use in the development of related test procedures. Excellent oral and written communications required. Experience with Navy Sonar, SDRS Systems and ARBORTEXT/XML is not required, but is desirable.
Special Remarks: If you feel that your qualifications meet our requirements, please proceed with this application by clicking "Apply Online" below. DDL OMNI offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement, and many other perks and benefits. DDL OMNI Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
DDL OMNI Engineering LLC is a leading engineering and technical services company that has an ISO 9001:2015 registered Quality Management System. We provide systems and structural engineering, information technology, planning and training, wargaming, integrated logistics support and test and evaluation services to a wide variety of government and commercial clients. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with offices throughout the U.S., we are dedicated to providing superior quality through continual improvement of our products and ensuring customer satisfaction by incorporating our knowledge and application of technologies to meet their specific needs anytime-anywhere.