Supervisor Property Services 7/28/2018
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Supervisor, Property Services
* Responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of all 480v and below electrical distribution for DLC facilities. This also includes the security panels, fire suppression systems, fire alarms, data center support, and UPS maintenance.
* Manage and lead a team of Electricians.
* Develop and implement a program of preventive maintenance for assets at all facilities in order to minimize deterioration and breakdowns resulting in costly repairs. Recommends major repairs when appropriate.
* Diagnose and troubleshoot malfunctions of building equipment. Provides technical advice and information as required. Acts on complaints received from various sources relating to building equipment performance.
* Plan and implement energy efficiency programs across DLC properties to reduce facilities costs, i.e. LED lightbulbs, variable frequency drives, and setback thermostats.
* Prepares and maintains records of maintenance service and replacement of building components, including reports of unusually high incidence of problems.
* Provides assistance for work or services performed by outside contractors, entertains bids for the same either directly or according to verbal or written specifications. Makes recommendations in preferred bids for contract negotiations. Coordinates the work and services performed by outside contractors with the work and services of Company personnel. (as necessary)
* Coordinate, plan and manage for capital projects by calculating the materials, labor, and time required.
* Position requires being on-call 24x7
Skills * Proficient computers skills and experience working with a Work & Asset Management System.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills for interacting with employees, senior leadership and vendors.
* Valid driver s license.
* Knowledge of Company-Union Labor Agreement, OSHA regulations and building codes.
Education Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering and seven (7) years experience in facilities management
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.