Sr Program Manager, Operational Excellence 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Emergent is investing heavily in Operational Excellence (OE) and its ability to define, measure, manage and optimize its cross-functional value chain business processes with the objective to drive positive transformational change and realize financial benefits. The incumbent in this role will directly support the site leadership team and serve as the program manager to lead and guide site-wide efforts to drive improvement to operational effectiveness. This role will be actively involved in the OE support of all site business processes. The incumbent will work to further global OE objectives within the function, as well as local site objectives within the cross-functional site team.
* Develop and maintain current and future state value stream maps for manufacturing and key enabling processes
* Lead and facilitate the development and daily use of tiered meeting structures, visual boards, performance metrics and business reviews
* Facilitate, support and/or lead of a wide range and scope of site-level improvement initiatives using traditional OE improvement tools and methodologies while simultaneously transferring relevant OE knowledge and capabilities to staff
* Statistical analysis of process data and, through working with technicians at the point-of-work, recommend/implement optimization solutions to maintain/improve performance and ensure customer requirements are being met
* Work within functional areas to solve problems and develop solutions which address true root cause(s); transfer problem-solving and process improvement knowledge and competencies through all working relationships
* Advise on and implement other basic Lean practices: 5S, Kanban, visual boards, performance metrics, 8 waste reduction, process optimization, time-motion studies, work area layout
* Facilitate and/or support the annual site Hoshin-strategic planning development, execution and management processes
Leadership and Influence:
* Engage and coach site leadership and staff in OE leadership, behaviors, principles, methodologies, tools and ways of working .
* Serve as the primary site OE change agent: promote a site-wide culture of process and performance excellence, challenging traditional thinking, boundaries and modes of operation.
* Provide leadership, mentoring and training to all levels of the organization on the practical application of Lean Six Sigma methodologies, strategy deployment and project management/governance process.
* Lead site promotion, communication and leadership engagement in support of the company s OE / Lean Transformation program.
* Lead OE-related internal audits to evaluate maturity against internal and enterprise-wide performance standards and develop improvement programs to advance maturity.
* Represent the site to the Global OE organization and participate in above-site OE-related planning, strategy, improvement initiatives and the development of global standards and practices.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
* 7+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, with a minimum of 3 years in a formal OE capacity. Possess Lean / Six Sigma Black Belt certification; Industrial Engineering degree preferred. A comparable mix of experience and education will be considered.
* Demonstrated track record of success in leading improvement projects with measurable positive results.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate any level of participants to defined outcomes in a timely manner.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to present, influence and collaborate at leadership level.
* Ability to coach and provide feedback.
* Skilled in project management with focus on ability to plan and execute.
* Results-oriented problem solver with a strong analytical mind set
* Ability to promote Lean Thinking and influence others across all facets of the organization
* Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment. Individual needs to be strategically-minded and self-motivated
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good hand/eye coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 10 lbs, and pull 10 lbs. Use phone, fax, copier and computer. Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem solve, make decisions, plan, communicate, prepare written communications and prepare transaction documents.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.