Platform Product Manager for Enterprise Automation and Infrastructure 7/28/2018
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PLATFORM PRODUCT MANAGER FOR ENTERPRISE AUTOMATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
Apply now Apply now
* Start apply with LinkedIn
* Apply Now
* Please wait...
Date: Jul 27, 2018
Location: Ipswich, MA, US, 01938
Company: EBSCO Industries Inc
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
Platform Product Manager for Enterprise Automation and Infrastructure
The Platform Product Manager for Enterprise Automation and Platform Engineering is a pivotal role at EIS. This role is tasked with but not limited to the creation of Long Range Plans, analysis and due diligence of current systems for appropriate investment in for the continuous improvement of EIS enterprise automation capabilities through the choice of appropriate solutions for all client product systems across the DDE, GOBI and SSD divisions of EIS. In this principal hands-on role, the candidate will provide appropriate guidance on implementation and integration of the set of said capabilities.
Any and all platform strategies and subsequent enterprise wide product initiatives are the area of focus of this role. Any and all platform strategy(ies) and subsequent implementations must involve a Best-in-class implementation for the enterprise automation and infrastructure domain.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, lean/agile team environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference. A primary member of the Platform team, this role will collaborate with Business line owners, Product Management, Content Management, Technology, Business Development, Customer Support, and the Sales organizations to develop best practices in the evolution of Enterprise Automation and Infrastructure for the EIS Enterprise.
This role requires a comprehensive understanding of Enterprise Automation and Infrastructure at scale. The successful candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big picture vision, and the drive to make vision a reality.
* Serves as the company s capabilities and solution subject matter expert in Enterprise Automation and Infrastructure
* Collaborates with internal customers and key stakeholders to conduct discovery that defines the evolution of the EIS Enterprise Automation Platform vision, strategy and the creation of an appropriate roadmap, identifying key milestones and transition plan over the course of 36 months
* Develops hands-on, in-depth knowledge of EIS products as well as Cloud Platforms/Solutions and trends in this area. The candidate will maintain technical and strategic analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses of each.
* Specifies market requirements for current and future evolutions of Enterprise Automation by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to vendors, trade shows and community groups in the space
* Supports the development of implementation plans across multiple domains and areas of expertise
* Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate options for the evolutions of Enterprise Automation capabilities, as well as existing legacy technologies and how they evolve
* Works with key stakeholders in the creation of EPICs that reflect technical understanding of the EIS Enterprise Automation and Infrastructure services as they relate to industry trends.
* Demonstrates strong knowledge of and aptitude for cloud computing principles
* Defines, delivers and optimizes against aggressive data driven goals to meet company objectives
Role Based Competencies:
* Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
* Proactivity/Bias for Action: Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company. Leads with a results-oriented mindset to meet deadlines.
* Attitude/Approach: Possesses a collaborative, non-threatening, and positive disposition. Willing to change course quickly to gain a desired result. Exhibits flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed. Is not easily discouraged. Strives to exceed expectations and deliver on commitments and deliverables.
* Team-Oriented: Understands that input from different parts of the business is critical to hear and synthesize. Able to listen, build trust/consensus (across sometimes disparate teams), and then act.
* Business Analysis: Evaluates many competing factors to form sound judgments and recommendations that balance current and anticipated business and technology needs.
* Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
* Continuous Improvement: Continually focused on improving processes to do more with existing resources to enable team to be more effective through improved efficiency.
* Moves others to action and translates the vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviors; guides and motivates others to take actions that support the vision and values.
* Requirements Analysis: Gathers, organizes and evaluates any information or data needed as input from stakeholders and development team to determine requirements and specifications.
* Intelligence: Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
* Honesty/integrity: Does what is right even when no one is watching. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Always behaves in a manner of the highest ethical standards.
* Drive: Cares intensely about EBSCO s success, is tenacious and will not be denied success, finishes and persists until the task is complete, gives 100%, inspires others with thirst for excellence.
* Positive Attitude: Displays a can-do attitude, sees bad news and problems as opportunities to improve, doesn t tolerate negativity, doesn t complain but provides constructive criticism, sees the glass half-full ;
* Eagerness to Understand: Learns rapidly and eagerly, seeks to understand our strategy, markets, customers and suppliers, is broadly knowledgeable about business and strategy, contributes effectively outside of specialty, contributes effectively outside area of specialty, understands how work relates to company goals to make improvements consistent with these goals, follows facts and draws logical conclusions even if those conclusions differ from the status quo.
* Sound Judgement: Makes wise decisions despite ambiguity, identifies root causes and gets beyond treating symptoms, separates what must be done well now and what can be improved later, displays solid logic and common sense, focuses on long-term consequences and not just the short-term
* Collaboration: Collaborates with others to help maximize work accomplished by the group, embraces individual s different styles and finds time to help colleagues,