Lab Tech - Quality 7/28/2018
Hartz Mountain Corporation
Pleasant Plain, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Lab Technician I
Join a team of people who share a common passion a love of pets! Hartz is a manufacturer of quality pet care products, helping pets and families bond for over 90 years. We work hard to bring innovative products to market, make a difference in our communities, and support our teams both inside and outside of work.
We are looking for an individual who has a love of pets and a passion for Quality Control! The Lab Technician will be responsible for testing ingredients and finished products to ensure correct composition, and to identify any quality control issues that need to be corrected. Position is located in our Pleasant Plain, OH facility.
What you will do
* Perform required analytical testing of finished goods and in-process checks to assure adherence to established product specifications
* Evaluate Certificates of Analysis and determine disposition of incoming materials and finished goods
* Document test results and prepare required reports
* Perform periodic audits to confirm adherence to required quality standards
What you will bring
* A Bachelor s Degree in Biological Sciences or other Science related field
* A minimum of 1 year prior laboratory experience, preferable in a manufacturing, quality control environment
* Experience with analytical/test methods, utilizing HPLC and gas chromatography
* Knowledge of quality tools, techniques, and documents
What we offer
* Competitive compensation and generous employee benefits
* Office perks, such as summer hours, company outings, bring your pet to work, and more!
* Business casual work environment
Quality Products for perts since 1926
Hartz is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities & protected veterans.