Director of Operations Lightwave BU 7/28/2018
MA-COM Technology Solutions Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, MACOM is certified to the ISO9001 international quality standard and ISO14001 environmental management standard. MACOM has multiple design centers, Si, GaAs and InP fabrication, manufacturing, assembly and test, and operational facilities throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. In addition, MACOM offers foundry services that represents a key core competency within our business. The foundry provides access to, and control of our broad range of proprietary technologies in an asset light, cost effective structure.
MACOM sells and distributes products globally via a sales channel comprised of a direct field sales force, authorized sales representatives and leading industry distributors. Our sales team is trained across all of our products to give our customers insights into our entire portfolio.
Our global organization of skilled engineers is driven every day to solve the world s most demanding wireless and wireline application challenges. We re proud of our more than sixty years of hands-on experience designing and building analog semiconductor technology across the RF to Light spectrum.
Director of Operations Lightwave BU
The Director of Operations provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, reporting procedures, and optimized talent in place to effectively grow the photonics/lightwave business unit and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
Candidate will be responsible for working hand in hand with the development and new product introduction teams to transfer new products/processes into volume manufacturing. They will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of manufacturing (cost, yield, cycle time, on time delivery and other KPIs). This position requires a strong understanding of photonics/lightwave fundamentals as well as strong leadership and communication skills. This involves maintaining a positive work climate; building a culture of continuous improvement, improving capabilities to meet the ends of a changing market and building and fostering an organization that is customer focused, accountable, and flexible.
Director of Operations Lightwave BU
The Director of Operations provides the expertise and vision required to effectively lead the Lightwave BU through what is expected to be a sustained period of growth. This includes ensuring that effective operational controls, reporting procedures, talent, capacity and internal / external manufacturing capabilities are in place to support the growth ambitions of the business.
The role will be responsible for partnering with the product development and NPI teams to transfer new products/processes into volume manufacturing. They will be responsible for all aspects of manufacturing (cost, yield, cycle time, on time delivery and other KPIs). This position requires a strong understanding of photonics/lightwave fundamentals, world class manufacturing practices as well as strong leadership and communication skills.
* Overseeing all manufacturing operations (both internal and at contract manufacturers)
* Delivery of the BU s financial goals (revenue and gross margin)
* Customer service standards including reducing Time To Market, product on time delivery, meeting established quality objectives
* Collaborate with the sales, BU and planning functions to establish and deliver quarterly revenue and gross margin objectives
* Implement lean, six sigma and other WCM methodologies to drive process efficiency and quality improvements
* Support the development of new products/processes
* Support and lead OSAT operations
* Represent the operations group at BU leadership level and in engagement with external supply partners and BU customers.
Required Qualifications include:
* BS in an Engineering Discipline.
* Ten or more years experience in the lightwave industry (laser diodes, photo diodes, OSAs, Silicon Photonics, etc)
* Demonstrated success in leadership roles with the ability to engage and influence others and manage change
* Excellent teamwork and good verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated strong partnership skills
* Good problem solving skills.
* Able to effectively delegate
* Innovative, Dynamic thinker
* Sound analytical techniques and ability to solve problems systematically.
* Thorough understanding of supply chain and demonstrated ability to make improvements
* Demonstrated knowledge of high volume manufacturing line management fundamentals.
* Must display strong sense of ownership, drive and dedication to the improvement of all aspects of wafer processing.
* The ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams to improve processes is a must
* Specific continuous process manufacturing experience.
* Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability.
M/A-COM Technology Solutions promotes equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants in all aspects of employment. It is our belief that strength comes from a diverse workforce. M/A-COM Technology Solutions is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer. The objective of M/A-COM Technology Solutions is to recruit, hire, train, and promote the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability or handicap, genetic information, or veteran status (disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam Era). All such decisions are made using standards based on the individual s qualifications as they relate to the particular job opportunity, and on the goal of furthering equal employment opportunity. M/A-COM Technology Solutions prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants, employees, customers, or vendors based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition. M/A-COM Technology Solutions also