Business Analyst 7/28/2018
IMPAQ International LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
Job Location US-MD-Columbia | US-DC
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic research and analytics firm, provides high-quality technology solutions in support of research and impact evaluations, policy analyses, survey research, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector.
IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment.
The Business Analyst will assist in the development, implementation, and support of new technology solutions and web applications that will allow government organizations to improve their services to their client base. The ideal candidate will have experience interacting with all levels of business and technical subject matter experts in the elicitation, modeling, documentation, and management of data driven business and system requirements. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience implementing business process reengineering techniques, as well as understand human centered design processes and protocols. The analyst will use their extensive knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and business analysis best practices to facilitate requirements sessions and communicate clearly and effectively with end-users, senior business managers, and other team members.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
* Collect information (e.g. business requirements, system requirements, and technical requirements) from various stakeholders to assist in the development of new technical solutions and web applications
* Lead requirement gathering activities including business process modeling and process mapping
* Translate basic information into technical specifications in order to build systems
* Build data collection and analytic tools for workforce and human services domains
* Support testing of the new system, documenting progress and status
* Provide high-level analysis and support related to statutory requirements and compliance
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
* B.S. degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent work experience and agile development principles strongly preferred
* Research, review and recommend technical tools and products that promote an effective and efficient team
* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
* Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
* Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, GUI, screen and interface design mockups
* Utilize experience in using enterprise wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies
* Experience acting as a liaison between clients and development teams providing business/functional requirements within the Workforce and/or human services sector
* 3 to 5 years of experience providing consulting services to government clients for the development of Technology Solutions
* Experience implementing business process reengineering techniques, including proven experience in process and data modeling, developing business and functional requirements, and performing gap analysis
* Experience in supporting human centered design projects for workforce and/or human service clients
* Experience solving complex Technology Solutions project management issues in accordance with federal laws, regulations, and procedures
* Practical knowledge of and experience with supporting project management office operations regarding the management, planning, implementation, and operations and maintenance of enterprise projects
* Experience gathering, testing, deploying, and maintaining large-scale projects
* Ability to work within different Technology Solutions infrastructures
* Excellent attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills
* Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with internal teams, management, and clients
* Ability to meet deadlines, work within and across teams, and with external clients
* Labor/workforce industry experience highly preferred
* Agile SDLC experience
* Requirements management and design skills
* Workflow and use case design experience
* Agile storyboarding development and facilitation
* Atlassian JIRA requirements documentation and Agile project management
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.