Civil Engineer 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
LHB has an opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our growing Public Works team in our Duluth or Minneapolis Offices! We are looking for someone who shares our desire to improve our communities by helping to create pragmatic, performance-focused solutions for our clients.
As a Civil Engineer at LHB, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Civil team, providing transportation-based design services to our growing group of regional public works clients. By joining our diverse group of specialists, you may also have the opportunity to provide civil support for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
* Preparation of project plans and specifications
* Interaction with clients, public, and agencies
* Preparation of written reports and project documents
* Construction administration and field inspection
* Bachelor s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
* Passed Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
* 2-6 years experience designing State, County and City roadway and municipal projects
* 2-6 years experience in roadway and transportation design, public works and civil infrastructure projects
* 2-6 years experience preparing plans and specifications for bidding and construction administration
* Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
* Demonstrated proficiency with MicroStation/GEOPAK including corridor modelling
* Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D
* Familiarity and working knowledge of Minnesota DOT and State/Federal Aid design standards
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel intermittently
* Has a passion and desire to bring forward new ideas to solve challenging problems, with an entrepreneurial spirit
Closing Date: August 31, 2018
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics .
LHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans.