Quality Engineer (126-267) 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY InterMetro Industries is seeking a Quality Engineer for our Manufacturing facility located in Wilkes-Barre, PA. The Quality Engineer is the representative for Quality in the manufacturing facility. Through continuous communication with employees and management staff, the Quality Engineer is responsible for the management of and compliance with the Company's quality systems, goals, and objectives.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Conducts periodic audits by collecting and analyzing production samples to evaluate quality. Analyzes deviations from quality with the goal of establishing corrective actions to prevent their reoccurrence.
* Supports, updates, and maintains the Customer Variance Reporting (CVR) system for the Wilkes-Barre based product line.
* Discusses and resolves serious product defects with the Operations staff and Customers. When necessary communicates with Customer(s) to explain corrective actions taken to avoid reoccurrence of deviations from quality in the products.
* Maintains ISO system management, monitors performance and compliance with ISO standards. Participates in ISO audits and certification processes.
* Communicates quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors or contractors.
* Participates in the development of product specifications, quality plans and qualifying manufacturing processes.
* Produces reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analysis, or quality trends.
* Gathers and reports data of key Quality metrics.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Science discipline required
* 1-4 years experience in the area of Quality and Quality Systems required
* Knowledge/comprehension of problem solving techniques and methodologies (8D, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.)
* Working knowledge of ISO 9001 and the maintenance of ISO certified quality systems
* Knowledge/comprehension of Lean manufacturing techniques
* Additional preference given to candidates with experience/certification in Six Sigma
* Superior mathematical and problem solving skills
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
* Ability and willingness to travel as required
InterMetro Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
No calls or agencies please. InterMetro Industries will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. If you need an accommodation to apply for this position, please email or call (570) 706-4131. Please allow for 24-48 hours for us to respond.