FOOD SERVICE WORKER I 7/28/2018
Global Connections to Employment, Inc.
Fort Polk, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY FOOD SERVICE WORKER I
This position is on a federal Ability One contract that requires most of the work hours are performed by employees with disabilities. Due to program requirements, this particular position needs to be filled by a person meeting the Ability One criteria.
The Food Service Worker I is responsible for safely performing food service duties as assigned by management. Quality customer service is expected to be provided to customers at all times. Knowledge and willingness to learn all aspects of the job as it pertains to this position. They must be able to interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and GCE Management Staff. Must perform duties required at the following work stations: Line Server: Responsible for serving customer proper sized portions, maintaining work station in a clean/sanitized, attractive fashion, pre-meal set-up and post-meal clean-up of work station. Dining Room: Responsible for cleaning/sanitizing table following use.Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds. Dishroom Worker: Responsible for operation of automatic dish machine.Must be able to lift dish rack weighing up to 20 pounds. Pot Sink Worker: Responsible for manual washing of pots and pans and utensils used in Galley. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds. General Work: cut and pan pastries, clean salad and beverage bar areas, clean spills, wipe walls, clean floors (sweep and mop). Must be physically capable of lifting tables and chairs weighing up to 50 pounds with assistance. Must be able to operate carpet care equipment to include: vacuum cleaner, 175 RPM floor machine, carpet extraction machine. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract..
* Understand oral and/or written instructions.
* Interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and staff members.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate. .
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk, and frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is required to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time.
* The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. This job will require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs, and may require occasional lifting and or moving up to 50 pounds.
* There will be exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.