Mechanic 1- Shop 7/28/2018
Universal Pressure Pumping
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Mechanic 1- Shop
Midland, TX, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Mechanic 1 Shop is involved in the servicing, maintaining and repairing of equipment. This position will require basic knowledge of equipment maintenance including electrical systems and brake and engine repairs; knowledge of methods, tools, materials, equipment and computerized systems used in the maintenance
department, adjustment and repair equipment and accessories; working knowledge of wiring and electrical theory and engine principles; general knowledge of hydraulic systems; and applicable state and federal regulations pertaining to automotive and other power driven equipment.
This position will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor.
* Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) rules, practices and guidelines
* Ensure that a high level of efficiency and readiness is achieved by performing proper equipment operation, function and maintenance
* Inspect equipment to determine necessary corrective actions
* Perform minor diagnostic tests using engine analyzers
* Diagnose and repair minor electrical systems on equipment and make minor repairs to equipment
* Install parts, operate and maintain tools, machinery and systems used in the maintenance, and/or equipment repair process
* Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area
* Ensure that all equipment is clean and in good working order
* Troubleshoot and repair systems and components, repair pumps and perform minor welding and brazing work
* Estimate materials needed and labor required for maintenance and repairs
* Ensure proper documentation is collected for work performed which includes materials and labor
* Occasionally work in confined spaces
* Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, while wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Basic knowledge and skills in well service equipment/vehicle repair or preventive maintenance
* Have and utilize your own set of basic hand tools
* Demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and work independently when required
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field
* Willing and able to maintain and repair assigned equipment in a safe manner while working in all weather conditions during a possible 12+ hour work shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays
* Ability to frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces and occasionally lift or move up to 80 pounds
* This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walking on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must have and maintain valid state-issued driver s license, be eligible to drive a Company vehicle and meet the requirements of the Company s vehicle program, policy and/or guidelines
* 1+ years of stable related work history with the aptitude to learn, develop and utilize mechanical skills to work on diesel engines, transmissions and electrical and hydraulic equipment
* Valid Class A CDL with manual shift experience
* 1+ years of verifiable mechanical experience in the troubleshooting, repairing, rebuilding, and inspecting of hydraulic and electrical equipment as well as overhauling engines and transmissions
* Certification from trade or technical school in maintenance or repair
This position requires work both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold/heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. Ability to safely navigate work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc., during normal operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather) and while utilizing designated personal protective equipment (PPE). The candidate must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties. They must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.