Management Analyst 7/28/2018
The Cadmus Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # of Openings
At Cadmus, our Homeland Security Sector provides clients with pragmatic solutions to their most important analytical and policy challenges. We bring together a team of outstanding professionals who have earned a reputation of responsive and client-focused support for a wide range of homeland security and emergency preparedness agencies at all levels of government. Our client-oriented approach, coupled with our profound and relevant subject-matter expertise, enables us to bring an incisive edge to solving the most critical homeland security problems.
Our Homeland Security Sector seeks candidates to support its Public Health business area at the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office. The Public Health Security Project Specialist takes direction from the program Director for the Chemical Defense Program and is expected to be a subject matter expert when discussing public health issues and interacting with communities and stakeholders at the local, state and federal level.
* This position will be located at a client site and qualified applicants must be able to pass a DHS Suitability check
* Valid in scope DoD Secret Clearance is plus
* Provide subject matter expertise in issues related to CHEMPACK and medical countermeasures.
* Work with local communities such as: emergency management, public health departments, hospitals, HAZMAT.
* Develop guidance documents such as public health plans and exercise documentation.
* Develop training and exercises related to public health communities.
* Provides client with day to day office management support such as: coordinating activities on calendars for Senior Federal personnel, scheduling, coordinating the development and tracking of official correspondence, resource control and allocation, drafting memos and meeting notes.
* Master s degree in public health or other relevant field.
* At least 4 years experience working in the public health field on preparedness planning activities, specifically dealing with local public health and cross jurisdictional programs.
* Technical expert/subject matter expert in relevant public health field.
* Extensive knowledge of the overall public health system when discussing issues related to public health emergency preparedness.
* Basic project management experience and a basic understanding of plume and dispersion modeling when related to a chemical incident.
* Ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward, concise manner.
* Candidates selected may be subject to a security investigation and, if required, should be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* As a representative of Cadmus, possess the ability to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment in interactions with clients and colleagues.
* Requires technical computer skills and ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation development software such as PowerPoint.
Candidates should submit a resume, a cover letter explaining interest and relevant qualifications, and a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of information (on any topic) into a concise actionable summary.
Cadmus is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status.
To learn more about Cadmus, visit our website www.cadmusgroup.com