Customer Service Associate 7/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LAUNCH YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CAREER WITH CENEX ZIP TRIP & PAR PACIFIC
WORK FOR A GROWING COMPANY WITH EXCELLENT PAY & BENEFITS
This important Customer Service Associate (CSA) role offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills, experience and Your career as you support our gas stations / convenience stores at a Rapidly growing company. Consider some advantages of joining our team. You will:
* Earn excellent compensation! We pay more than our competitors and offer an amazing, comprehensive benefits package that is unique to this industry.
* Join our family-oriented team where we truly care for our employees and promote a close-knit atmosphere.
* Enjoy Autonomy and independence and Outstanding training as you work with a highly experienced, collaborative and unified team.
* Set yourself up to Pursue other opportunities within our growing and evolving organization. If you wish, and once you prove yourself, you could take on another role within the company.
Par Petroleum LLC, a subsidiary of Par Pacific Holdings Inc., has recently purchased 33 Cenex Zip Trip convenience stores in eastern Washington and northwestern Idaho from CHS Inc. These c-stores are Par Pacific Holdings' first retail assets in the continental United States; and we have more than 90 retail outlets in Hawaii. You ll be among the first hires under this new organizational structure.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to identify, acquire and operate energy and infrastructure companies with attractive competitive positions. We own and operate one of the largest energy infrastructure networks in Hawaii with a 94,000-bpd refinery, a logistics network supplying the major islands of the state and 90 retail locations. In Wyoming, Par Pacific owns a refinery and associated logistics network in a niche market. Par Pacific also owns 42.3% of Laramie Energy, LLC, a joint venture entity focused on producing natural gas in Garfield, Mesa and Rio Blanco Counties, Colorado. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy. Our common stock is publicly traded on the NYSE MKT under the trading symbol "PARR".
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Pictured: One of the 33 Cenex Zip Trip stores that was recently acquired by Par Pacific.
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will be at least 19 years of age for a CSA role in the state of Idaho, and 18 in Washington state (as long as another employee is on-site that is over 21).
To be a strong fit for this opportunity you will have:
* A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Some experience in retail sales and handling cash is preferred. We are also willing to train candidates who are eager to launch a career with Cenex Zip Trip and Par Pacific.
* The ability to:
* Perform basic arithmetic operations accurately.
* Communicate in English (orally and in writing), including proficient telephone communication skills.
* Work various shifts as scheduled, and arrive on time.
* Work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
* Perform essential duties and work in the conditions as described.
* A strong commitment to safety guidelines.
* The ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift and lift up to 50 pounds.
* 20/40 vision or better, depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties.
* A friendly, outgoing personality and a commitment to excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate for this role will be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including morning, swing and night shift. We have openings for a variety of shifts (including full-time and part-time opportunities), and some overtime may be available. You'll primarily work at one assigned location, but you should be willing and able to cover shifts at other locations to support the needs of the business.
Reporting to the Store Manager, as a Customer Service Associate ( CSA ) you will be the primary provider of customer service. You will be responsible for:
* Cash and related cashier duties.
* Fuel and non-fuel sales (convenience store merchandise).
* Inventory reports and stocking / merchandising.
* Safety audit during the shift.
* Checking in vendors and putting away freight.
You must also maintain a clean and safe work area.
Regardless of your shift, part of your duties will be to help ensure that everything for the next shift is prepared and set-up. So that means if you are closing, you will get everything ready for the morning shift to start.
Your primary job responsibilities will be to:
* Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service; may be required to assist customers at the gas pump.
* Accurately ring up all sales on POS system; complies with all cash handling procedures including checks, and other types of payment received for products sold.
* Be responsible for all cash, monies, and inventory during shift.
* Comply with company policies and store procedures, including all safety and environmental policies and procedures.
* Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
* Adopt, participate, and comply with in all safety programs.
* Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems.
* Be a positive team-player, work cohesively with other employees, contribute to a positive work environment.
* Perform all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required to work irregular work hours, attend job-related meetings and other duties as assigned.
There are usually one or two CSAs working during a typical shift and a Supervisor.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
WHAT\'S IN IT FOR YOU
Employee Value Proposition
Working at Cenex Zip Trip and Par Pacific is different. Employees have the opportunity to make a great impact on the business and to influence decisions at the store level. People truly have amazing careers with us because they are exposed to many areas of the company and are connected to many of the industry experts. Prove yourself as a CSA, and you could move up the ladder into a Sr. CSA role or even into a lead or management position!
There is nothing ordinary about working here and there s certainly nothing ordinary about our people. If you re one of our employees, you re a driven, creative-thinking, hardworking professional that loves to win. If that describes you, you'll fit right in!
Team Member Referral Program
We've recently implemented a unique and exciting referral program to reward our team members who refer other great employees to us.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are protected by the Pay Transparency rule - jobinfo.com/file.php?id=56a7c6df400b0.